BD Publishing

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My book about Canteens, Messkits and Support Straps.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My book about Canteens, Messkits and Support Straps.

I owe so much to this section of the Forum, and I owe so much to many of the Collector Friends who write in this section of the forum.
    With much humility, thank you.

During the next Militaria Show in Bologna there will be the presentation of the book Bevevano e Mangiavano.

The idea of this book was mine but from the very beginning I worked shoulder by shoulder with Roberto Chiacchiarini (co author); we discussed timeless of all the matters of the book and without his fundamental support it wouldn’t had been possible. Also Mattia Carloni provided his valuable support (well prepared collector of canteens, mess kit and more) with Pietro Galeotti which took care of the Glossary.

The book is A4 format, with 335 pages and 1738 pictures. Price 65€.
    The Italian edition will be printed in only 300 copies.
    The English version will be published the next year.
    All the period pictures (most unpublished) are our property, with the exception of 3, of whom we cited the owners. All the items in the book have been photographed in every detail and we hope to have accomplished our mission, giving to the collector a comprehensive guide on the matter of mess kit, canteens and straps. On many subjects we give sure and certain information and for many other we hope to have begun furter research and indepth studies on less known aspects.

The book originates from my passion for Wehrmacht canteens, which brought me to fall in love with these items and start studying them and the German equiment in general.
    I have shared my studies with the most advanced collectors using these Forums:
    - Die Deutsche Soldaten;
    - Wehrmacht Awards;
    - German Helmet Walhalla Forum.
    Many other exist but I used only these.
    Attached Files

rewre
    Attached Files

Comment

eyth
      Attached Files

Comment

53yh
        Attached Files

Comment

Congratulations Giancarlo

I know how much time you put into the book !!!

Great to see it is finally finished.....

Cheers
          Tom
          www.mp44.nl

Comment

A great work, most respect and congratulations!

Comment

Fantastic Giancarlo [emoji95][emoji3590][emoji95]

Please put me on the list for the English version as soon as it’s ready my friend.

Glen
              Collector of Wehrmacht Optics, Ordnance & Field Equipment.

Comment

My congratulations on finish this work too! Patience and dedication (and a lot of money and life). I may say only S.P.Q.R.

Comment

Excellent news - you can never have too many GOOD reference books!

Regards,
                  Michael

Comment

Looks absolutely great!! Even though I nowadays mainly collect WWII Soviet I still must have the English version of this book. Looking very much forward to have this one in hands!
                    Collecting Soviet orders and medals.

Comment

Originally posted by lutfen View Post
                      excellent news - you can never have too many good reference books! Thumbsup

regards,
                      michael
                      +1

Comment

Congratulations Giancarlo and thank you for your generosity in sharing your extensive knowledge with the forum.

From the sample pages the book looks like an essential purchase. I will be buying the English edition once it becomes available.
                        Cheers

Ian

Always looking to buy Gasplanes and Gasplane related photos & documentation

https://www.allaboutgasplanes.com
                        https://www.decisivehours.com/

Comment

Wow I didn’t know they existed. Now I need one of those reed green canteen straps to match the pouch!
                          Attached Files

Comment

Congratulations Giancarlo,
                            it must have been hard work to finish this book.
                            Can't wait for the english version to see what you put into the book.

Cheers,
                            Marco

Comment

Well done Giancarlo.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                              X