Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ammunition tin info needed

Hi gents,

Not one I am familier with. German manufacturer??

Typical german steel construction, probable repaint but difficult to tell the colour. Looks a bit Yugo to me.

No waffen evident.

Any input appreciated.

Regards

Tim
    Attached Files

Originally posted by timg View Post
    Hi gents,

Not one I am familier with. German manufacturer??

Typical german steel construction, probable repaint but difficult to tell the colour. Looks a bit Yugo to me.

No waffen evident.

Any input appreciated.

Regards

Tim
    I'm sure I have seen that stamp somewhere...but don't know where. Can you show the short side, with the closing latch.

Carles
    looking for a Kar 98k bolt in working condition numbered 2020, please let me know if you have one.

Comment

Originally posted by me6_130 View Post
      I'm sure I have seen that stamp somewhere...but don't know where. Can you show the short side, with the closing latch.

Carles
      Not from work no, however the closure latch is the typical 1930,s / early war cast piece folding to the top of the can when closed. Back of the latch has a cast mark of a triangle with a No 8 OR very bad cast "S" within the triangle.

Regards

Tim

Comment

I had a KMF with different logo with 1931 stamp. But all with postwar Yugo overpaint I consider worthless. Sorry, but I mean this.

Comment

Originally posted by Nigromontanus View Post
          I had a KMF with different logo with 1931 stamp. But all with postwar Yugo overpaint I consider worthless. Sorry, but I mean this.

No need to apologise at all, some folks are ok with an over paint, some will only accept an original paint finish.

My main query was is this of German manufacture? as I had not observed the company logo before. It is dated 39 which I presume would be waffened in some form but none are evident, hence my query.

Regards

Tim

Comment

Nice clear logo. Surely there must be somewhere on the internet where someone has started a database of manufacturers and logos of these cans ? I have a few that need identification too ...
            R.

Comment

post the pics and I will tell you what I can tell. I have a quite complete collection

Comment

This is the difficult one.. looks like an A blending into a W and possibly into another letter. Number 35 (possibly 39) under it. Definately a '35' under a lens in my opinion. Did they make them that early?

https://flic.kr/p/2h7rqhB
                https://flic.kr/p/2h7qGso

Comment

obviously I simply boasted. I have 250 ammo cans. from 1935 I have just documented E & G. I have a 1936 one of them. later this maker seemingly did not produce.
                  But: the patronenkasten 34 I know of 1935 are aluminium. this one appears to be steel. are you sure it is not a polish one?

Comment

Hi. I have found this ebay can which apears to have the same manufacturer logo (AM or AWS ?) . Appears to be the same can in construction as the one I have. Cast clamp lever, though mine has a cast (grooved) handle rather than a round bar handle.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/113864707740

Comment

What you are showing here is in my personal nomenclature a late type Patronenkasten 15. These are heavier than the steel type Patronenkasten 34. I do not collect these, I have only some for reference. Interestingly these were made up to 1942. I add pics of a 1936 one with Reichswehr camo and 2 of 1939 respectively 1942 in dark grey. Of course the late type Patronenkasten 15 saw also service until the end of the war and is rather scarce, even though not so much sought after.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                      X