X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yellow coloured K98 cleaning kit. Helps needed

Attached Files

Hello,
    need help with this piece, seems to be good to me, but I have to be sure, thanks all
    Attached Files

Comment

At first sight the paint looks good.....

But there are a few points i don’t like..... why is there a scratched area..... to get rid of a maker mark? (Decreases value, and why would one try to scratch it away, unless it is a maker who didn’t make them in tan

Second, there seems to be red primer underneath a part of the paint, but not all..... that’s also strange.....

Anyway, not one for my collection.....

Tom
      www.mp44.nl

Comment

Originally posted by MP44_tom View Post
        At first sight the paint looks good.....

But there are a few points i don’t like..... why is there a scratched area..... to get rid of a maker mark? (Decreases value, and why would one try to scratch it away, unless it is a maker who didn’t make them in tan

Second, there seems to be red primer underneath a part of the paint, but not all..... that’s also strange.....

Anyway, not one for my collection.....

Tom
        www.mp44.nl
        As far as I see the maker is arr and box was made in 44 ( one 4 meaning 44 ), so typical maker of those tan cleaning kit boxes. Probably someone tried to remove it to increase the value ( and done completely opposite ) or simply was trying to see/show the markings which were not so well visible.

Color of box looks correct to me. Golden finish inside is also typical for those tan painte boxes.

Also seen a red primer ( of is simply reflection of camer ? ), which is a bit strage ( but not imposible to have it underneath ).

Comment

While the damage near the markings was done intentionally, IMO, it is an original ordnance tan cleaning kit. Still rare.
          Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
          X