German gazmask filter protection bag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

German gazmask filter protection bag

Hello, I found in many places this type of German gazmask filter protection bag (Schutzbeutel für Gasmaske) for sale, it seems that a stock has risen to the surface. It seems also that this "protection bag" was actually some kind of simplified "pre-filter" whose purpose was to protect the main filter in case of prolonged use in areas where the dust is very fine such as deserts. But not sure. Thanks for your infos.

I got 20 of them out of a barn from Leer Ostfriesland 8 years ago together with 100 horse gas masks all in their original bags. I guess these have never been delivered to the troops. Due to the bad storage they are not mint but in good condition. I have never seen pics of them in use but they are 100% period.

Comment

Originally posted by hagen.191 View Post
      I got 20 of them out of a barn from Leer Ostfriesland 8 years ago together with 100 horse gas masks all in their original bags. I guess these have never been delivered to the troops. Due to the bad storage they are not mint but in good condition. I have never seen pics of them in use but they are 100% period.
      Are they easly obtainable on the open market?

Comment

Tropical Protection bag for gasmask

Originally posted by hagen.191 View Post
        Hi, i agree. When the dust is as fine as flour ... a piece of cloth is not a definitive solution !! Fortunately I do not think the German troops in the south have ever used their gas masks; But this accessory had to be in their canisters.

Comment

Indeed, i’ve seen quite a few appearing on ebay the last few weeks... not in masses, but more then there used to be......

Btw, here a small article from my web site about it...

http://mp44.nl/equipment/gas_mask_acc.htm

Tom
          www.mp44.nl

Comment

Tropical Protection bag for gasmask

Originally posted by MP44_tom View Post
            Indeed, i’ve seen quite a few appearing on ebay the last few weeks... not in masses, but more then there used to be......

Btw, here a small article from my web site about it...

http://mp44.nl/equipment/gas_mask_acc.htm

Tom
            www.mp44.nl
            Hello, thank you MP44 for your article and all the rest. According of your pictures those protection bags was not only an issue for some extreme weather conditions like in a desert during a windy storm but also in 1942 an issue for everyone… It is still a nice accessory to find!

Comment

Schutzüberzug für Gasmaske

Originally posted by Persoons_Karst View Post
              Are they easly obtainable on the open market?
              Hello, this guy have a stock!! but are expensive. Mine i got it inside a complete canister.
              https://www.ebaygasm.de/itm/original.../312454204877?

Comment

I see he is useing my pictures ........

Tom
                www.mp44.nl

Comment

Gas mask and filters accessories

Tom
                  www.mp44.nl
                  Yes, it seems that you have another fan!!
                  To list all accessories made by the Germen looks impossible…

You Don't talk that much about the spare filter pouch? For what use? For who? It is also dated 1943.
                  And what about this weird mouth piece which like a last ditch?

Also what is a average price for a gas mask only with a microphone plug in good condition?
                  Thanks for you help!

Comment

Schutzüberzug für Gasmaske

Tom
                    www.mp44.nl
                    To finish with this matter, this protection bag was clearly designed for the smaller size filter. It doesn't work with the higher (it close the exaust valve at the back).
                    I think 150€ is the market price for a KM mask only.

Comment

Reservefiltereinsatz Mündstuck

Tom
                      www.mp44.nl
                      You made an article about this mouthpiece? It was stored in what pouch? Thanks for
                      helping.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                      X