Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ray, you should be happy with your kit because the tool without the stud is very hard to find.

Originally posted by Ray F View Post
    Thanks for nice photos, Peter. I guess I should call mine a 'starter kit' and look around for some matching items to make a more 'focussed' kit.

Comment

As I mentioned earlier, the chain is also marked with a large 'M' - am I right in thinking that this denotes 'Marine' (navy) issue?

Comment

Originally posted by Ray F View Post
        As I mentioned earlier, the chain is also marked with a large 'M' - am I right in thinking that this denotes 'Marine' (navy) issue?
        How about "M" is short for MUNDLOS

Comment

Aaaaaaargh....of course.... - That would make perfect sense

Comment

Ray, there's nothing wrong with mis-matched parts in these kits. You have to remember they were used in the field during a war. Soldiers lost or broke these things and they were replaced sometimes with new ones or from older kits. The take-down tool is the first thing I look for, so it's great yours is there.

Comment

wanted: G. Appel 1938 takedown tool

I have a 1938 dated G. Appel cleaning kit. All the tools are matched except for the takedown tool which is marked G. Appel 1937.

Does anyone have a 1938 dated tool for sale or for trade on the one that I have?

Thanks,
              Ed

Comment

Hey Guys interesting thread just discovered it!, thought you may like to see my Hawig WaA100 early matching set. Hope you like!

Comment

More..

Hi All

My contribution also (hope I haven't done this already)

http://fieldgear.org/rg34.htm

These are out of my collection. There are at least 2 versions of the pressed steel oiler. One has a weld seam in the middle. If any errors, please let me know.

Best,.>Rob

Comment

Hi all. Can Simone tell me what this markings stands fore?
                    K.A.ST.
                    2/106
                    It is stamped at one of the short sides of the cleaning kit.
                    Pictures will come
                    Best regards

Comment

Postong fotos for "1945"
                      Attached Files

Comment

One more
                        Attached Files

Comment

So Manu82 has KY 1938 WaA 442 being made by BRAUN SCHWEGISCHE BLECH WARENFABRIK GmbH:

and lmg34 has them being made by Aktien-Maschinenfabrik Kyffhäuserhütte:

I ask as I have one, and have searched for it and another thread says they are of unknown origin.

Any advances?

Comment

Further to my last post...I assume the above info is from the following link...

http://www.rg34.blogspot.fr/search?u...&max-results=1

Kindly given to me by Para Indo

Comment

Originally posted by Seigfried View Post
                              So Manu82 has KY 1938 WaA 442 being made by BRAUN SCHWEGISCHE BLECH WARENFABRIK GmbH:

and lmg34 has them being made by Aktien-Maschinenfabrik Kyffhäuserhütte:

I ask as I have one, and have searched for it and another thread says they are of unknown origin.

Any advances?

The maker of rg34 with the Ky code is unknown. Same with the maker KH. There does seem to be a connection between the Ky kits and Braunsweigische Blechwarenfabrik G.m.b.H. but it has not been conclusively demonstrated to my knowledge that they are the maker. I say this as a long time collector and researcher of the rg34 and I am currently writing a reference book on these cleaning kits. The same can be said for the firm of Aktien-Maschinenfabrik Kyffhäuserhütte. Some have postulated and others repeated that they may have been the maker of the Ky kits but again, this has not been proven. At this point all that can be said with certainty is they were a maker of rg34 components using the three letter code ayw. My thoughts only .......

Comment

Hi,
                                With regard to the KH/Ky logo corresponding to this company, maybe it's only a coincidence:

Aktien-Maschinenfabrik Kyffhäuserhütte, assigned with the code ayw in 1940.

but also there are some evidences, the same Waffenamt WaA225 found on similar cleaning chains with Ky1941 and ayw 41 markings, complete Ky1941 kits with ayw1941 marked parts, identical manufactured Hülsenkopfwischer with Ky and ayw markings,...

...and also some questions, why not an ayw marked Behälter ?, ceased Kyffhäuserhütte the manufacture of complete Rg34 kits in 1941 and became a parts supplier only ?

Concerning Braunschweigische Blechwarenfabrik, IMO a big assembler/manufacturer of Rg34, Why not found any arr cleaning chain or metal oiler ? or also an arr41 marked takedown tool ?

Best regards,
                                Antoni

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                                X