Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about variant MP pouch in canvas

Dear all,

Just purchased this pouch. Construction is all German style (somehow similar to the prototype for the MP43) no markings. I am not certain though for what weapon these were manufactured (I guess for one of the more obsolete Machine Pistole as used by second line troops, SS and Polizei)?

Has anyone a photo/image to share with exact this type of pouch in wear?

Many thanks in advance.

F.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by Zauberflöte View Post
    Has anyone a photo/image to share with exact this type of pouch in wear?
    Here you go:
    Last edited by Gran Sasso; 12-15-2010, 09:48 AM.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I think this is for the Steyr MP 34 then, correct?

Edit: Obviously not as the magazine is on the wrong side for a Steyr...

"
        Das Goethe-Institut hat total verstanden, um was es sich im Kongo dreht."

Siegfried 'Congo' Müller

Comment

Originally posted by Fritz View Post
          I think this is for the Steyr MP 34 then, correct?
          Dont know - I saved it as "Bergmann". Might fit both mags.

Comment

Its for the MP35/1 used by police and waffen SS!

Comment

Many thx for the input gentlemen!

And especially you Gran Sasso for the image, excellent!!

Best
              Frederik
              Last edited by Zauberflöte; 12-16-2010, 06:01 AM.

Comment

I found this interesting photo of Polizei men with two of them (on the right) wearing -to what I believe- similar kind of canvas pouches.

Unfortunately it is not visible what kind of weapons they carry, but I can imagine this would be another then the MP 35 since a 32 rd. magazine would probably be hard to fit? Perhaps for the 20 rd. MP28? After all, these were widely issued to Po. troops.

F.
                Attached Files

Comment

Another pouch that needs a further identification.

it fits a MP40 magazine and appears IMO as a late war production (see also removed stitching at the back that might indicate donor/ersatz fabric). RbNr marking in the inside (last photo not representative for the correct color).

Any help much appreciated!
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Zauberflöte; 11-20-2020, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Most likely the fabric comes from a Luftwaffe backpack for example...?
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Zauberflöte; 11-21-2020, 06:55 AM.

Comment

Anyone? Judging by the RbNr, more of these must have been produced. In blue, but likely also in other colors.

Comment

Can you show the lower of this last pouch? By comparing to the LW rucksack I've got the impression it is, in fact, a pocket transformed into a pouch, as the back of it is so poorly made.

Carles
                        looking for a Kar 98k bolt in working condition numbered 2020, please let me know if you have one.

Comment

Originally posted by me6_130 View Post
                          Can you show the lower of this last pouch? By comparing to the LW rucksack I've got the impression it is, in fact, a pocket transformed into a pouch, as the back of it is so poorly made.

Carles
                          Thanks for weighing in, yes that could be very likely, therefore I made indeed that comparison. Actually the pouch is made from multiple different pieces of fabric (clearly to be seen at the back where the horizontal seam divides the two parts).

A few additional photos clearly show previous stitching from a donor garment, I have marked those parts.
                          The pouch shows wear and age as well. Typical last ditch construction IMO.
                          Attached Files

Comment

From those pics I would say it is not an original MP pouch but made out of a pocket. I even doubt it is field made as the state of the leather of the loops show they were not shewn when leather was soft but when it was dry.

Carles
                            looking for a Kar 98k bolt in working condition numbered 2020, please let me know if you have one.

Comment

Thank you, but with respect, I think you are incorrect.It was definitely not field made IMO and very much resembles the pouch that started this thread in way it is constructed. Leather is far from dry at the points were it was attached and the pouch is well made.

I have actually no doubt the pouch is original, just wondered if more are around. It's like late war breadbags constructed from different pieces, none will be the exact same.
                              Last edited by Zauberflöte; 11-26-2020, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 11:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                              X