griffinmilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rations! Rations! Ration! The one stop thread about German Rations of WWII.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Many thanks Jim, i always thought these were milk bottles, didn`t saw that in the rations report, now i have some rations bottles in my collection!
    I still wait for the rations book, i hope i will get it next week ...

best regards
    Dirk
    Last edited by Theoderich; 08-28-2010, 10:41 AM.

Comment

Another 900ccm bottle but with a different manufacturer than the other 2.
      Attached Files

Comment

Some wartime Bahlsen proucts.
        Attached Files

Comment

I finally received my copy yesterday - just excellent.

Now I hope I can get it back from the GF who has completely immersed herself in the book....

Comment

Mike,

She has excellent taste in men and books ha,ha.Jim

Originally posted by Mike Davis View Post
            I finally received my copy yesterday - just excellent.

Now I hope I can get it back from the GF who has completely immersed herself in the book....

Comment

Ration BOOK

Jim
              I really cant stop reading the book(and re-reading) Now theres so many Items Ive got to collect! Thanks again for useing some of my stuff! Its been fun showing my little wife my Items!
              Kevin

Comment

Hey Kevin,

My wish list has grown too. Unfortunately a lot of the items shown in the book are one of a kind and they don't belong to me! Its hard to demonize food . My sisters and sister in law loved the book.Not that they read it, but they liked the pictures. My wife took her copy to the office to show around and she also donated a copy to the West Point cadet library. So I think this is a pretty safe collecting area to discuss with wives and girfriends.

Heres another new addition, a lid from the aluminum Champignon cheese container. The one in the book shows the date of the cheese and expiration date which is a good indication it was manufactured specifically for the military.Jim

Originally posted by kevinpre45 View Post
                Jim
                I really cant stop reading the book(and re-reading) Now theres so many Items Ive got to collect! Thanks again for useing some of my stuff! Its been fun showing my little wife my Items!
                Kevin
                Attached Files

Comment

A generic jar for fruit and vegetable products. We called them generic in the book because they contain no product or manufacturer info. Some wartime pictures show what looks like powdered product in these jars. We believe jars marked "Only for Food" were manfactured for the military. The Germans had specific regulations about the proper use of packing materials and this just reminded soldiers not to use the empty jars for other purposes. Of course many issue jars were not marked "Only for Food." We have yet to see any 900ccm jars or honey jars marked in this manner.Jim
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hello,
                    HereĀ“s one of my favorite Items of my Ration Items in own. This Can is an Ostfront find. Please note the Bullet Hole
                    Hope you like it..

Best Regards

Andy
                    Attached Files
                    www.hermsdorf.nl

Comment

Bullet Hole Russian...

PPSh?
                      Attached Files
                      www.hermsdorf.nl

Comment

Now that IS priceless!!!!! Thats the kind of stuff you wait a lifetime to find. Nice one Andy.......thanks for posting it......best, rich

Comment

They shot the Erbsensuppe!

Comment

Here`s a label from a cardboard for noodles

best regards
                            Dirk
                            Attached Files

Comment

Here is pic i got today, dated 1942, Minsk. I think these are the 400gr bread rations!?

Dirk
                              Attached Files

Comment

A couple of more items.

Being Norway, aluminium herring tins are in abundance. This one is almost identical to one shown on page 65 but is marked with the letter C. This is the most common sort i find along with those marked Norvege or Norway.

A Xox buscuit tin. Still around today.

http://www.xox-group.com/start.php
                                Attached Files
                                Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                                X