this one is special to tease Glenn, minty '43 zelt
    Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

very late war zelt
        Attached Files

Comment

nice ones Edwin. love how the '43 is in white ink, thats a first for me. and as I said, love the late war stuff. '45, not many of these markings out there. those late wars are keepers. Glenn

Comment

Great thread!! Most of my zelts have came from Edwin and Im very happy with them. I wanted to ask a question and hope its ok to ask in this thread. Was/is there a specific way to fold a zelt. I thought there might be a specific way so it would fit or attach to thier gear better. Thanks and nice zelts!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn Barbaritz View Post
              nice ones Edwin. love how the '43 is in white ink, thats a first for me. and as I said, love the late war stuff. '45, not many of these markings out there. those late wars are keepers. Glenn
              Glenn, I knew you would like the white stamped '43 zelt.
              If I have some time left this weekend I post some more stamps

Cheers

Edwin

Comment

hello

thanks for sharing more stamps, you have a few different types there Edwin, agree that is a first for me a white stamp.

Glenn, yes I see it now you told me Schmidt, I wonder if the mark below is a gothic script T for Thruingen? just an idea,

History, well there is a method shown in a few books, Brian Davis book is a good one, cant remember the title off hand right now,
                basically if you see my picture no. 4 , its not to many more steps from this, basically you are squaring off the triangle to make it neater in the roll,
                from this stage you fold it in half again, cant think if its one more fold in half, then you roll it up

any 1940 dates out there?

cheers

john

Comment

Hello John,
                  I didn't know you were about to launch this thread so soon, otherwise i would have taken some pics of my Zeltbahnen. I'll try to take some as soon as possible in order to keep this nice thread on the tracks...

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

now thats just showing off BoyouLaGleize! very nice examples. looks like the late war models are coming out of the closets. any '44-'45 maker marked examples? Glenn

Comment

these are great, thanks for showing your pictures, two white stamps both the same company,
                              sorry JPhilip! I hope you join in soon!

Cheers

john

Comment

More zelts.

Good evening men,if I may be permitted to join in here,here are some of the markings on some of my zeltbahnen.
                                First one was made by J.C.Runken & Co. Bremen 1941.

No 2.Made by TEXTILL WERKE.Karl Anton Kassel 1942.

No.3.Undated with Rbnr.

No.4.Rbnr dated 1944,note bakelite buttons.

Last a family pic,four marked and four unmarked.

Don't you just love camo!Regards Jerry.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                                X