X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clément-mili
    replied
    Hello!

Here's the last one, a nice brown enameled, It is already in this thread but I can't resist posting it again!
    I believe that those riveted aema canteens are not seen very much, correct me if I'm wrong of course
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Clément-mili
    replied
    Hello !

Here are the current ones I have in my collection (another late war sample is on the way but it is already in this thread !).
    So here we go, the first one is a matching L&SL43 canteen, certainly a mint example that was poorly stored with pingskin leather strap, blueish-grey hook marked CH on this iniside, and unmarked steel cup.
    the second one is a MN44 canteen made with a felt cover with 3 buttons, riveted loops and a simplified one piece strap. The cup was certainly added postwar but matches really well (mpd markings are 3x k).
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Clément-mili
    replied
    I said this because I was wondering what use they would have made of those cups if indeed we were 100% it was of post war manufacture. I guess it's one of those subjects on which there's always going to be different opinions. Thanks for the picture, I did not think of civilian use. Maybe one day we'll end up on an old advertisement show this cup.

Leave a comment:

• anmarlodz
    replied
    Originally posted by screensize View Post

I have never seen any BW nor BGS canteens with Bakelite cup, can you show them?
    I live in Germany and I find civilian hiking canteens from time to time on flea markets, classified ads or eBay.
    They look like the picture attached. Very early models have Bakelite cups and you can clearly see the circle where the maker mark used to be, newer cups are made from a softer plastic.
    I actualy I think those bakelit cups are old, wartime, unissued stocks with some marking removed. Later were replaced with modern type plastic cups.

Leave a comment:

• screensize
    replied
    Originally posted by Clément-mili View Post
    I made a mistake and meant bgs canteens not bundeswehr.

Best regards
    I have never seen any BW nor BGS canteens with Bakelite cup, can you show them?
    I live in Germany and I find civilian hiking canteens from time to time on flea markets, classified ads or eBay.
    They look like the picture attached. Very early models have Bakelite cups and you can clearly see the circle where the maker mark used to be, newer cups are made from a softer plastic.

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Höhe 112
    replied
    Those canteens are amazing. Too bad I can't share mine, well at least I think I'm not able to post anything if I'm not registered as a Member I guess.
    Since the update to the new site version, you don't need to be associated member anymore to add photos to the WAF server !
    You can add your photos directly to WAF server in using the [Upload Attachments buttonn]

Leave a comment:

• Clément-mili
    replied
    I made a mistake and meant bgs canteens not bundeswehr.

Best regards

Leave a comment:

• Clément-mili
    replied
    You are right to say that items had time to move around but from what I remember it clearly aged together, at least for quite some time. In the end it's the same question, what makes them questionable? I weighted the cup and it was about 48 or 47 gramms, can't remember exactly. If you have ever seen any post war bundeswehr canteens equipped with such cup I'd like to see them! I am not saying that you are wrong but I am not saying the post war assumption is to be true either. It has not been discussed all that much I believe (at least from my own acknowledgement).

Best regards

Leave a comment:

• screensize
    replied
    I forgot to ask as well, I went through the thread and saw an unmarked bakelite cup and was wondering what makes people say they are fake? I had one on a HRE42 canteen that I no longer possess and it was found this way. Anyone could elaborate on these?
    found when, where, by who? Was it preserved in a time capsule or was it possible someone added an unmarked cup 60 years ago?
    For me, unmarked bakelite cups are postwar manufactured in the 50'ies and 60'ies on old tools, but with maker marks removed from the tools.

Leave a comment:

• Clément-mili
    replied
    I forgot to ask as well, I went through the thread and saw an unmarked bakelite cup and was wondering what makes people say they are fake? I had one on a HRE42 canteen that I no longer possess and it was found this way. Anyone could elaborate on these?

Leave a comment:

• Clément-mili
    replied
    Hello everyone!

These aema canteens also exist with riveted loops and pigskin straps! I had never seen any other example in this configuration. I will try to show you once it gets here.

​​​​​​Best regards,

Leave a comment:

• screensize
    replied
    Thats interesting, thanks for showing

Leave a comment:

• sfmike1
    replied
    image_4846244.jpg

Here's a pic of another one that was posted here.
    SF Mike

Leave a comment:

• sfmike1
    replied
    Originally posted by asergeant View Post

Hi Chris,
    It came out like this and I was also surprised when I saw the marking from 43.
    I think we might be mistaken about the assumption that this model is extremely late-war. I've seen other posts with similarly marked original AEMA examples, and comments that the handle-less cups began production in 1943.
    SF Mike
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• asergeant
    replied
    Originally posted by screensize View Post
    did you receive it untouched like this or did you add the cup?
    Just interesting to see a 1943 dated strap and a cup that is thought to be late 1944 - 1945.
    Chris
    Hi Chris,
    It came out like this and I was also surprised when I saw the marking from 43.

Leave a comment:

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 11:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
X