Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MULON View Post
    Original wartime cup with double marking MN and MeNeSa, nothing wrong there
    could you please advise me on my canteen i bought it for 80 pounds having been told it was a ww2 canteen i am not starting to think it is post war.

The cup and canteen are made out of aluminium, the back of the canteen is marked ritter alfurit drp ang and it has HRE marks all over the canteen but with no date
    Attached Files

Comment

Post war canteen with war time webbing.

Comment

Hi! Can you help me in the identification of these canteens?
        Thanks!

20200704_200506.jpg image_4696339.jpg image_4696338.jpg 20200704_200530.jpg image_4696336.jpg 20200704_200545.jpg
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Clockworkkid; 07-04-2020, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Here’s an addition to this great thread! F49394E0-3C81-4F8E-84C3-899C5F50A0CD.jpeg

Comment

Many great canteens on this thread.
            Posting my favourite one

0DDF2D2E-6F4D-46AB-9CB7-7388AD3F5BD9.jpeg

Comment

07BA9B22-62E2-451B-9838-1D90C3689656.jpeg D0CAE178-1D45-436E-8F6E-3B1E8C75FC8D.jpeg

Comment

9ADCD25E-42F3-48F5-A167-8911BC95E26D.jpeg FE5C0CE6-8D2B-43B6-8A3D-D9FB3242A972.jpeg

Comment

Originally posted by asergeant View Post
                  Many great canteens on this thread.
                  Posting my favourite one
                  did you receive it untouched like this or did you add the cup?
                  Just interesting to see a 1943 dated strap and a cup that is thought to be late 1944 - 1945.
                  Chris

Comment

Those canteens are amazing. Too bad I can't share mine, well at least I think I'm not able to post anything if I'm not registered as a Member I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by screensize View Post
                      did you receive it untouched like this or did you add the cup?
                      Just interesting to see a 1943 dated strap and a cup that is thought to be late 1944 - 1945.
                      Chris
                      Hi Chris,
                      It came out like this and I was also surprised when I saw the marking from 43.

Comment

Originally posted by asergeant View Post

Hi Chris,
                        It came out like this and I was also surprised when I saw the marking from 43.
                        I think we might be mistaken about the assumption that this model is extremely late-war. I've seen other posts with similarly marked original AEMA examples, and comments that the handle-less cups began production in 1943.
                        SF Mike
                        Attached Files

Comment

image_4846244.jpg

Here's a pic of another one that was posted here.
                          SF Mike

Comment

Thats interesting, thanks for showing

Comment

Hello everyone!

These aema canteens also exist with riveted loops and pigskin straps! I had never seen any other example in this configuration. I will try to show you once it gets here.

​​​​​​Best regards,

Comment

I forgot to ask as well, I went through the thread and saw an unmarked bakelite cup and was wondering what makes people say they are fake? I had one on a HRE42 canteen that I no longer possess and it was found this way. Anyone could elaborate on these?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 11:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                                X