EpicArtifacts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gebirgsjaeger pack mule equipment show yours please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, of course, my sattel.....

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=659920

Comment

Hello Jan,

your wooden box has Italian stenciled cross, don't know what has been written but very nice addition to yours Tragesattel 36 I simply love them!

Originally posted by bergman67 View Post
      I have a question regarding the wooden box. It was repainted and handwritten on the top and the red cross sign. It looks to me more italian's as german's, or could be GJ???

Some new attachement for tragesattel 36....

Comment

Today's acquistion.....
        Some new adds (Fahnenschmied box), cleaned up, in very nice condition....

Comment

Servus Bergman,

Excellent finds for your packsaddle. What did you use to clean your Fahnenschmied boxes?

Originally posted by bergman67 View Post
          Today's acquistion.....
          Some new adds (Fahnenschmied box), cleaned up, in very nice condition....

I also like your ammo basket....I have one too. Can you take a close-up photo of the marking on the canvas? Looks like a unit symbol.

Muli vor!

Patrick

Comment

Hello Patrick,

It was not some big work, as they were already found in good condition. But,.... I only wash them (water + soap), dry them and put on thinn coat of bee wax and slightly scrubed them with soft cloth.

Regards

Comment

Servus Bergman67,

Thanks for the cleaning info. Will have to work on mine...I have Fahnenschmied (Geb.) boxes 1, 2, 3, and 4.

Muli vor!
              Patrick

Comment

Nice to see this thread still continues.

Great items posted guys!

Regards

Jan
                Attached Files
                'Arzt und Soldat'

Comment

That packsaddle was found. Some said it could be italian's saddel, some german's. It's 100% WW2 item, as the old man who gave it to me, took it from the dead mule (1944) by himself (verified...)
                  Asking for help, to which army it belongs.

Comment

Any opinion ......

Comment

Servus Bergman67,

Looks like one of the packsaddles used for the Skoda 75 mm mountain gun (GebK15)...along with the one that I have posted above. These could be originally Czech or Austrian made as far as I know...but were used by the Gebirgsjägers. Not much information out there.

Muli vor und Horrido!

Patrick

Comment

Picked up this Gebirgsjäger Sattelgurt / Bauchgurt last week. Condition is really quite good, its stamped in couple of places - emj 41 WaA 14 haven't been able to discover what emj means ? WaA 14 is Waffenamt Code for Adalbert Fischer, Berlin - Sattelwaren - Fabrik. If anyone knows what emj stands for it would make me a happy man.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Servus Soldon,

'emj' also stands for Adalbert Fischer, Berlin according to John Walter's book "German Military Letter Codes."

Muli vor und Horrido!

Patrick

Comment

Patrick, thanks for the information, much appreciated

Comment

Grüß Di' Mulitreibers,

Just received a new Muli item in the mail. It's a metal Tragekasten. Does anyone have any period photos of this or know what it carried? It has a sliding vent on one side.

Muli vor!

Patrick

Last edited by BergführerKiser; 12-08-2013, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                                X