Ankle boot - German WW2 or not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ankle boot - German WW2 or not

I found these shoes about 25 years ago, almost literally among the rubbish - I put them in the basement and forgot.
    What do you think about them?
    Regards
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

I like them, I think IIWW, resoled of course.

Comment

German M43/44 ankle boots. Well used (most probably postwar used), but original.
        Still looking for LARGE SIZE M43 gabardine jacket and m43 gabardine cap ... maybe some day I will find it best regards Marcin

Comment

Originally posted by anmarlodz View Post
          German M43/44 ankle boots. Well used (most probably postwar used), but original.
          +1

Comment

Hi.
            SS made boots. You can see runes after the 43.
            Always interested in pre WWII Estonian Army Clothing, Insignias and equipment!

Comment

Yes these boots are signed inside and outside: 28 1/2 and below 43 SS

Comment

Originally posted by fox-terier View Post
                Yes these boots are signed inside and outside: 28 1/2 and below 43 SS
                Most probably made by BATA.

With good cobbler you can restore it properly.
                Still looking for LARGE SIZE M43 gabardine jacket and m43 gabardine cap ... maybe some day I will find it best regards Marcin

Comment

Most probably made by BATA.

With good cobbler you can restore it properly.
                  I thought BATA would use a size stamp number like 42, 43, 44. These seem to be size stamped 28 1/2. That 43 would be the year.

Carles
                  looking for a Kar 98k bolt in working condition numbered 2020, please let me know if you have one.

Comment

Originally posted by me6_130 View Post

I thought BATA would use a size stamp number like 42, 43, 44. These seem to be size stamped 28 1/2. That 43 would be the year.

Carles
                    NO, they did not. BATA used german size markings. Had 2 pairs of knobelbechers made by BATA for SS and both were german size marked. See also many of original BATA made ankle boots made with german sizes.

Comment

NO, they did not. BATA used german size markings. Had 2 pairs of knobelbechers made by BATA for SS and both were german size marked. See also many of original BATA made ankle boots made with german sizes.
                      new for me ,as the ones i get by Bata was always size stamped in not German way with size 4 + ,but who know maybe you can post a photo of yours and educate me a bit for future . in my opinion this pair was made by 'Texled' company at Dachau .

Comment

Thanks for you helps !

Comment

Really cool pair of low boots. I had never seen markings located there.
                          I would leave them like that and not attempt any restoration work.
                          Regards,

Comment

I'm not going to make any restoration work. Now, the shoes have their own history - military during WW2 and probably post-war.I just wanna polish them (clean the shoes leather). What are you using to this?

Comment

Originally posted by fox-terier View Post
                              I'm not going to make any restoration work. Now, the shoes have their own history - military during WW2 and probably post-war.I just wanna polish them (clean the shoes leather). What are you using to this?
                              if you want do restore them take a dry clean cloth(not from modern polyster) with some warm water(not hot!) ,clean them, wait until the are dry, and later you will have to put some shoe polish on them(the best is colorless) ,works good

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 11:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                              X