Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ankle boots upper half sole opinion

Hello friends,
    how do you consider the upper half sole of this pair of ankle boots, original applied or reapplied?
    Please let me know.
    Thank you in advance,
    Alex
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.

It might be reapplied, but difficult to say if not on hand or closer pics.

Carles
    looking for a Kar 98k bolt in working condition numbered 2020, please let me know if you have one.

Comment

I agree hard to say from photos but very well done and may be impossible to say for sure. It is certain that if the original sole was worn through especially with nails then the heel plates and heels themselves would have also been badly worn and needing rebuilding

Comment

As you can see , the sole presents six wooden pegs on the base. There are not unusual for the manufacturers applied the sole in this way.

Comment

IMO not reapplied ... when reapplied , then period and used together period .
          Nick

Comment

Originally posted by me6_130 View Post
            It might be reapplied, but difficult to say if not on hand or closer pics.

Carles
            Hello Carles, what i mean is that the half soles lacking of the periferic wooden pegs usually present on all kind of boots. By the way, you can see the presence of some wooden pegs on the side closer the heel. Searching on the web, i found the very same kind of sole on another brand new ankle boots that i enclosed the picture. For this reason i think that the soles on the ankle boots i posted are originally applied by the manufacturer.
            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Using wooden pegs was normal for shoemakers, not only factories. You can find them in sets of shoemaker's stuff at Ebay form time to time. Having pegs or not doesn't prove who did it or when. As Nick states could be period or reapplied period, I was thinking more in the look and the nails. It is difficult to say being so worn.

Carles
              looking for a Kar 98k bolt in working condition numbered 2020, please let me know if you have one.

Comment

Hi.
                Quite interesting. I have not seen/noticed this style of pegging work. I believe the half soles that started the thread are factory applied cause the one in Lux is factory applied. Half sole is glued, fixed with few pegs and put under the press.
                Last edited by kass; 11-24-2020, 10:38 AM.
                Always interested in pre WWII Estonian Army Clothing, Insignias and equipment!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 11:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                X