camo or overpaint gas mask can?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

camo or overpaint gas mask can?

This one come out of a family. I take the former owner was member of the Landesschützen, since there is a (I think) Czech Beutegasmaske with WaA 121 in it, which has been there for many years, considering the traces inside the can. My question is whether some have seen this kind of overpaint on confirmed period examples. Thank you in advance
    Attached Files

Mask is definitely a Czech civilian reissued by the Germans....The so called camouflage looks incidental to me....Something got onto it and reacted with the paint causing it to turn a lighter shade of green....Bodes

Comment

very nice.

Comment

Thank you very much. My opinion is as such: the can and the mask was issued either to landwehr or volkssturm. These did not get the first rate masks, but the second rate. I even know landsturm with normal masks. The can issued with it was a used one with scratches or paint missing. In order to give it a good appearance it was overpainted, either privately or organized on a small scale.

Comment

Looks like paint discoloration rather than camo.
          Still looking for LARGE SIZE M43 gabardine jacket and m43 gabardine cap ... maybe some day I will find it best regards Marcin

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 11:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
          X