M44 Sturmgepäck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M44 Sturmgepäck

I just saw one of these listed in Europe, referred to as a "M44 Sturmgepäck", and used by the Heer and Waffen SS. I had it in a box of mint Luftwaffe rucksacks. Is it as described?

Obviously I know some late war items were blue, with no relationship to the Luftwaffe. Beyond the ordnance related items, which can frequently be blue.
    Attached Files
    Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

It is STURMSACK, not sturmgepack (A-frame is sturmgepack).. Nice original sturmsack. Late war, gerneral use.

Comment

Originally posted by anmarlodz View Post
      It is STURMSACK, not sturmgepack (A-frame is sturmgepack).. Nice original sturmsack. Late war, gerneral use.
      as far it know this one has replaced A-Rahmen later in the war ,and was period named as Sturmgepäck

Comment

Hi Marcin !

To be honest, i never heared of the name Sturmsack ! Is that mentioned somewhere ?? I would be very interested to know, because i have been searching for proof that this type of rucksack with the Zelt straps attached is indeed the successor of the A-frame.
        Unfortunately i cannot find anything in the Heeresmitteilungen or Heeres Verordnungsblätter....

i think it is safe to say that it is indeed the successor because these rucksacks began showing up round 43, and the latest a-frame i’ve seen was also dated 43.

But like i said, still searching for empirical evidence.....

Tom
        www.mp44.nl

Comment

Interesting. I never knew this pack was a late war substitute for the A-frame. Makes sense though. I know these came in green as well. Where they also encountered in late war tan?
          Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Hi Willi

here my small collection of packs.... they are based on the “normal” artillery rucksack without the straps for the zelt ( but with normal straps to hang the pack on your back )

as you can see no real tan, but the upper right is somewhat lighter.....

the earliest one is dated 1943

022D2545-A957-4F31-AAF5-88C5B1C0DA38.jpeg

Tom
            www.mp44.nl

Comment

Originally posted by MP44_tom View Post
              Hi Willi

here my small collection of packs.... they are based on the “normal” artillery rucksack without the straps for the zelt ( but with normal straps to hang the pack on your back )

as you can see no real tan, but the upper right is somewhat lighter.....

the earliest one is dated 1943

022D2545-A957-4F31-AAF5-88C5B1C0DA38.jpeg

Tom
              www.mp44.nl
              Tom, there is no such thing as artillery rucksack. All so called 'artillery' rucksacks are small GBJ sturmsacks! Don't where this misslieading name came from, but it is simply wrong name. Check the period photos and you will see those were used by GBJ troops ( if remember well Patrick Ott show it and mentioned about this wrong term).
              One more thing is the fact; the 'artillery' ( properly sturmsacks) rucksacks are with long back straps, so all your rucksacks are M43/44 sturmsacks.

Comment

Hi Marcin

i know that all the ones i show are m43/m44 rucksacks

the artillery rucksacks is not a wrong name imho... they were introduced in 1940 (HM 298)

A298A4B4-9947-4985-819D-B84F22E835F5.jpeg

and these artillery rucksacks are the ones with straps like i mentioned .... i only stated that the m43/44 sacks are based on these

3BA4E27F-EE7C-4A62-BAF9-E837A453258B.jpeg

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                X