E-stand tunic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E-stand tunic

I would appreciate your opinions on this tunic: http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru....php?t=1025696

Best regards, M

I'm curious too. Old style tunic with an early tab and no wear whatsoever. How can you make a judgment? Probably hard to tell from the pictures alone.

Jack

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by cossack1648 View Post
        I'm curious too. Old style tunic with an early tab and no wear whatsoever. How can you make a judgment? Probably hard to tell from the pictures alone.

Jack
        Its not an early SSVT tab. Early tabs are the blocked runes type.
        This tab is from '38-'39-'40 period.
        The fact that there is 'no wear' absolutely doesn't mean anything.
        There are things that are mint and much older.

Imo this is a very interesting tunic with all original insignia.
        Seems like there are no traces of stitchings of previous attached tabs so imo these tabs were never replaced.

But offcourse as with all SS tunics, especially with tunics like these, scepticism will be the norm.

Comment

I'm curious to know why these lines of stitches are there. Are they to reinforce the collar and nothing to do with the tabs?
          Attached Files

Comment

Those are imo to attach the tabs.
            If those were stitchings from previous tabs, they would go all the way around aswell and visible in every corner...

Comment

I am the seller and I can tell you everything is original to this wonderfull tunic.
              I do know you do not buy the story but the item, but the story is:
              I bought it from a collector in Germany , he bought it about 10 years a go from another collector and he bought it straight ffrom the famly, this goes back about 40 years ago. Walter Iden only used this tunic was he was at home from leave and when he had to go to official fuctions. That is the reason why this tunic is in a great shape, nothing more and nothing less.

Comment

IMO all insgnia is post-war added to tunic.

Schlange

https://mojalbum.com/schlange88

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=916564

Comment

Complete restored Tunic, worth sum of Parts at best.
                  WWW.EDELWEISS-ANTIQUES.COM

Specialized in Uniforms, Mountain Troops and Heeresbergfuhrer

Comment

Based on what ??
                    The most had a postive thought about this tunic.
                    Maybe it is too good to be true that this is one of the better ones on the market ??
                    I know where it comes from........

Comment

Originally posted by voelender View Post
                      Based on what ??
                      Maybe it is too good to be true that this is one of the better ones on the market ??
                      Well, you posted the tunic on a forum for sale.
                      This stuff will always be discussed which is logic.
                      People say their opinion so chance is high it will be burned as their will always be non-believers and sceptica in these things which is also very logic.
                      I like the tunic for sure but once it's burned you will have big difficulties to sell it...

Comment

Hi,

voelender, to be sure that we understand what you said :

around 1980 : buyer 1 bought from Inden family the tunic
                        around 2010 : buyer 2 bought the tunic from buyer 1
                        around ??? : you buy the tunic from buyer 2

Did the buyer 1 buy anything else from the Inden family ?
                        Buyer 2 didn't get anything more related to Inden from buyer 1 ?

See You

Vince

Comment

Based on what you see when you know what you do when you look at it. Insignias are never since 80 Years on the Tunic, you can clearly see the previous stittching Line where the original Insignias where sewn on, i don't like the Loops, and the List goes on. More then enough that i would at best pay the Price for the Parts. A real untouched Tunic looks a bit different that this Thing. There is no Story what would make this Thing real.

Originally posted by voelender View Post
                          Based on what ??
                          WWW.EDELWEISS-ANTIQUES.COM

Specialized in Uniforms, Mountain Troops and Heeresbergfuhrer

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                          X