BrunoMado

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need opinions on this SS PAnzer sidecap...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't judge others by your own standards....

Originally posted by Daniel.S View Post
    I guess you are used to a lot of restored or fake hats.
    WWW.EDELWEISS-ANTIQUES.COM

Specialized in Uniforms, Mountain Troops and Heeresbergfuhrer

Comment

Thank you very much gentlemen, I really appreciate the input from all of you.
      My Meager Collection: http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=464072

Comment

Originally posted by AntiqueWW2 View Post
        Factory applied is something else then this. And look at the Bird, i don't think that anyone would wear that Thing with the Bird off-center like this one.
        You have no clue regarding SS hats. Of course each Person might have their own opinion on a forum but you are just proofing once again that you do not know original SS caps......
        Collecting photos, tunics, headgear and insignia of the SS Verfügungstruppe and the SS-TV (pre war).

Comment

I wouldn’t be surprised once he acquires it to see evidence of pink panzer soutache under the flaps..its most likely of the soutache era Billbert
          "They NEVER did that....YEAH they did ....."

Comment

Dupe post..sorry

Comment

I like that hat

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Hulley View Post
                I agree on the insignia being original but factory-applied ? They are quite clumsily hand-sewn ... unless it's a known trait of a particular factory it's not what I would expect personally.

I cannot comment on the cap itself.

Ian
                agreed

Comment

Originally posted by billbert View Post
                  I wouldn’t be surprised once he acquires it to see evidence of pink panzer soutache under the flaps..its most likely of the soutache era Billbert

That sure would have been nice, but I just picked up the cap and cannot find any sign of a soutache ever being attached. I did however find the remnants of one stamp, I think it is an 8?
                  Attached Files

Comment

It’s the head size ....perfect for your new acquisition..Congrats Billbert

Comment

I just wanted to say THANK YOU guys again as I really lucked out on this cap. I just happened to be in a gun shop with a WWII 101st Airborne veteran friend of mine having a German P-38 of his from the war transferred over to me. While there, the guy behind the counter mentioned that he had a German cap he wanted to sell. When he told me the price and then pulled the cap out, inside my head I went

I think it is better for all your health that I don't mention the price, but it is definitely one of the best deals I've had over the years, and I could not have gotten it without the support from all of you. This is a great community we have at WAF.

Comment

Congratulations!
                        Don't worry about revealing the price, we all get lucky now and again and personally I love hearing about bargains!

Comment

Originally posted by AntiqueWW2 View Post
                          Factory applied is something else then this. And look at the Bird, i don't think that anyone would wear that Thing with the Bird off-center like this one.
                          Sometimes those guys applied their own insignia's by them self in the field.
                          It was probably a cap for daily use. And I can only imagine that many guys actually just didn't cared if their eagle was slightly off centre...
                          It's not different these days you know.

Very nice cap with loads of character!
                          Thanks for showing.
                          Last edited by krikke1980; 11-16-2019, 05:27 AM.

Comment

I've spoken with quite a few volunteers, also in the 1943 picture posted with reissue and newly issued uniforms, and they all, individually, spoke of having to apply the insignia as new recruits as part of the sewing class, sometimes over and over again till late in the evening until it was approved. So rather more common than exception I think.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Hi, my green m40, sloppy insignia and original to the cap, Eagle as a few extra stitches I believe period done by the patina and history of the cap.
                              Attached Files
                              Jamie

Looking for a combat worn SS M43 with 2 piece insignia

Comment

Nice looking hats
                                "Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                                X