No announcement yet.

Allgemeine SS Tunic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please feel free to add your comments! After years of searching for an item like this and finally having it seems too unreal. All original stitching and the maker's mark fits the period too. Have seen that maker on Luftwaffe private-purchase tunics before.

Comment

in my opinion something does not fill right about this tunic
      there is to many stamps and name plates on it
      I may be wrong but I would like it to have inspected in hand
      also please post some closeup pictures on arm band cuff title and so on

Comment

I got that feeling too at first, but having it in hand really makes a difference imo. I've seen the maker before too on a few Luftwaffe uniforms.
        Attached Files

Comment

Up close too.
          Attached Files

Comment

VA stamp and RZM tag on the private made tunic seem strange to me.

Jack

Comment

Oops, wrong photo.

Comment

It honestly seems like an original in hand. Aren't there any tunics that had RZM and VA stamps that were private purchase?

Comment

Usually RZM marked and controlled items were stock mass produced items made to strict RZM specifications and under its authority. Private purchase items were individually made to fit particular person and were custom ordered.

Your tunic has different cut than standard SS black tunic: back, straight lower pockets.

Jack

Comment

It just seems original though. Idk of eralier on they would've marked the tunic, but I know this one is private purchase. The tabs, piping, armband, etc seem to all be original and original to the tunic. The VA date matches up with the maker's date too.

Comment

And maybe the tunic was contracted out to the tailor? I've read of that occuring sometimes.

Comment

Here's a link to anothe thread with a jacket made by the same tailor.
                        http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...1008898&page=2

Comment

Name tags were usually hand written, not stamped. RZM tag in a tunic is dated April '35 which is later than name tag which is from February '35. Shouldn't it be the other way around? Also your tunic doesn't have French cuffs. Honestly I am suspicious about it.

Jack

Comment

Let's start. . . The cuff title is a fake
                            Surprises me no has said . . . it's awash with labels
                            don't like the tabs either. . . and the piping as mentioned no cuff.
                            It's bloody odd, to say the least
                            Regards David

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                            X