CollectorsGuild

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the value of these sleevebands on today's market?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few comments to Tony. Tony, you have a wonderful collection. However I would just love to be around when the time comes for you to sell your collection. I would be interested to see how you handle it and whether it causes you grief. For me I justified it by my prices in some cases but I failed to realize that some things were dropping in value & not going up all the time. Then when you look at Ratisbons where a pair of paratrooper jump boots sell for a whopping 18,500 euros. Hard to figure. Yes, I will be posting pictures of some Riker mounts comprising more of the world class sleeveband collection I had.

Comment

pricing of cufftitles

Originally posted by dwg View Post
      What is the value of these sleevebands on today's market?
      Herman von salza $2200
      Gerneral Seyfardtt $1500

Landstorm Nederland $1350
      Der Fuhrer $1100
      Michael Gassimar $1550
      Reinhard Heydrich $650
      Theodor Eicke 1200
      nordland $1250

Nothing that rare in the above , a large grouping of bevo cufftitles also just surfaced..........

Comment

Originally posted by dwg View Post
        A few comments to Tony. Tony, you have a wonderful collection. However I would just love to be around when the time comes for you to sell your collection. I would be interested to see how you handle it and whether it causes you grief. For me I justified it by my prices in some cases but I failed to realize that some things were dropping in value & not going up all the time. Then when you look at Ratisbons where a pair of paratrooper jump boots sell for a whopping 18,500 euros. Hard to figure. Yes, I will be posting pictures of some Riker mounts comprising more of the world class sleeveband collection I had.
        The Militaria market took a dive back in 2012-2013 and like Vince said - is still going down. Not on everything but I still see a lot of stuff not selling. On dealer sites it sits there - for years sometimes. On the estand it either has multiple price reductions or it quite often doesn’t sell. Auction sites appear to have more success.

Now is a good time for buyers.....I won’t be selling my collection just yet.

Comment

Originally posted by jimt View Post
          Herman von salza $2200
          Gerneral Seyfardtt $1500

Der Fuhrer $1100
          Michael Gassimar $1550
          Reinhard Heydrich $650
          Theodor Eicke 1200
          nordland $1250

Nothing that rare in the above , a large grouping of bevo cufftitles also just surfaced..........
          I saw an SS Polizei Bevo on the estand for about $1200 a few months ago.

Comment

"Herman von salza $2200
            Gerneral Seyfardtt $1500

Der Fuhrer $1100
            Michael Gassimar $1550
            Reinhard Heydrich $650
            Theodor Eicke 1200
            nordland $1250

Nothing that rare in the above , a large grouping of bevo cufftitles also just surfaced........."

Nothing that rare? How many HvS do you see out there? I have only seen 2 and owned one of them in the past 35 years. Show me who is selling it for that price? Gassimar and Seyfardtt are also uncommon and these 3 only were produced in bevo so band type is not a condition in this respect. The others I can agree with in price these days.

Greg

Comment

A HvS sold not that long ago for about $3500.

Comment

I think these cuff title are underpriced or almost some of them like members already note.
                SS insignia reached crazy prices and now suffer a bit, what I see (crossing finger) for me is more easy to sell in FB or with private contacts than waf .
                At same time I see other field growing prices: it depends also about moment. Cover value falled also till 50% tarns falled about 30% (but if you bought a palm for 20k EUR the problem is you not the market) m43 now gains 20/30% moreover unquestionable, tunics dropped 30% but now you can reach very believable untouched ones for less money, helmets gain 20/30% bucke the same. Some drop some raise depends to book published or common interest.
                An example: a two step tunic reached 7/8k after waf thread and kept the value for an year. Now it s value is normalized.
                I saw dealer sites in Europe going very well, with quite all items sold in few days/week

Comment

As discussed many times before, with maybe a few exceptions, memorabilia/militaria is nothing to seriously invest money in. It's a hobby to enjoy independently of prices moving up or down. If it disappoints you to see you might have 'lost' money on an item at the time you sell, then you're definitely in the wrong field. For me it's all about learning about history, the items and having fun on the way. Every purchase I've made through the years, I've basically considered the money being 'lost' not to be disappointed further along the road when interest in ww2 will gradually decrease altogether.

Cheers from Rome!

Markus.

Comment

I agree with Mauro - much easier to sell collector to collector than via WAF e-stand, particularly higher end items. I've sold quite a bit of my extensive cuffband collection in the past 12 - 18 months and many of these went to people I already knew were seeking those for sale.

In terms of pricing, the drop in cuffband prices has been in the common and less desirable end - hence the bevo Reinhard Heydrich/SS Polizei Division type now being offered by dealers at $8 -900 (at the SOS) with offers taken. The HvS is rare, desirable and always sought by collectors - I can think of two collectors who right now would pay $5K for one and like Greg, I've seen just a handful for sale (none via dealers, always collector to collector) in the past 5 - 8 years. The higher end bands have retained and in many cases, increased in value.

Of the others, General Seyffardt and Michael Gaissmair are reasonably rare but outside of cuffband collectors will appeal to collectors of those regiments. The Germania and Der Fuhrer bevo are to me, much more desirable as VT units and (the Germania in particular) not seen as much as they used to be.

Markus is spot on when it comes to the hobby - it is about enjoyment of the history not investing to make money at a future date. The HvS may have a high value today but all it takes is for a stash of these to be found, (as with the Wallonien bands) and the "value" will plummet.

Just my 2 cents.

Tom
                    Looking for photos and documents relating to Otto Kumm

Comment

Tom is spot on.

Greg

Comment

Originally posted by TonyS View Post
                        The Militaria market took a dive back in 2012-2013 and like Vince said - is still going down. Not on everything but I still see a lot of stuff not selling. On dealer sites it sits there - for years sometimes. On the estand it either has multiple price reductions or it quite often doesn’t sell. Auction sites appear to have more success.

Now is a good time for buyers.....I won’t be selling my collection just yet.
                        Yep, pretty much the truth , look what happened to the RARE "Wallonien " cufftitle ( it was considerd the rarest bevo cufftitle ) that one went down 50% in value, when bevo cufftitles turn up from VET sources they turn up in rather large quantities, and then there goes "rarity" a rather overused word when captioned with "BEVO" ,

Concerning the HERMAN von Salva" cufftitle , I personally have had two from a direct vet hit and one from a dealer , for me not rare , there are two for sale right now . Nothing wrong with collecting bevo pattern cufftitles but buying them at a premium price seems kind of lame considering how many are available at any given time , just look around ...

Comment

there is quite a range for values and prices especially seen for results in auction houses. Sure values went down over the last view years some went up and remember as well when a new book came out some demands went up.

For Markus its with many other collectibles pending on the view of the collector if he wants it for history or history and investment, same with oil paintings or old vehicles ... It is everyones own view and taste and what he does with.
                          -----
                          search: BMW R12 parts
                          search: everything from Fliegerhorst Illesheim
                          search: everything from Kavallerie Reg. 17 Bamberg

Comment

Many names on here I’ve only heard and read about.... DG and JT, my Uncle Tracy Spicher says hi....

Fortunately for Tracy, I have bought most of his collection for my own these days. My issue will be selling my collection in the future. I can only assume what all my LAH, Allgemeine and TV cufftitles will sell for.... Who knows, maybe they end up in a shoe box at my daughters house 30years from now? The Stosstrup 1923 band I have now is on the market......

Comment

Great thread. Back in the day in Seattle Tracy was THE SS cufftitle guy. Hi Tracy! Saw you last at the SOS a few years ago. There was also a collector named Duffy as well as the well known Bob Joslin (RIP). Ed

Comment

Originally posted by ebj View Post
                                Great thread. Back in the day in Seattle Tracy was THE SS cufftitle guy. Hi Tracy! Saw you last at the SOS a few years ago. There was also a collector named Duffy as well as the well known Bob Joslin (RIP). Ed
                                Hi Ed!

Actually, I’m “Duffy.”

Yes - Tracy did have a large collection of very nice SS titles!! I have his books of all the photo copies from his collection and many others he gathered over the decades. Amazing how times have changed!

Take Care!

- Duff

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                                X