Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grygierek2
    replied
    Thank you for attaching photos. Maybe now it will dispel doubts about the originality of these binoculars.

Leave a comment:

• Anton
    replied
    Another Vilaba found in Russia
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• johann mor
    replied
    Originally posted by jager17 View Post
    Settle down champ, have a sense of humour! This doesnt have to be super serious times.
    I am not upset or anything of the sort, I just wonder why it's so hard for some people to be polite.

Jon

Leave a comment:

• jager17
    replied
    Settle down champ, have a sense of humour! This doesnt have to be super serious times.

Leave a comment:

• johann mor
    replied
    Originally posted by AntiqueWW2 View Post
    What do you not understand? Your DIENSTGLAS IS FAKE. Pull that Crap of from Eastand and sell it to someone in Africa who may belive it is real.....all that is real is the GLAS, the Stamp is not. So you just sell a 50 Euro Glas for 1500. Good Job
    A wonderful collection and I for one have learnt something from this thread but I wonder why the above member has to be so rude and aggressive.

A simple apology would now be appropriate from the naysayers.

Jon

Leave a comment:

• jager17
    replied
    Binocular rooms are a well known fantasy item from the 70s, you could buy them from adverts in the back of gun magazines. I think it was 2000 binoculars plus the room and shelves for $2.50

Leave a comment:

• chrischa
    replied
    Originally posted by Robert H View Post
    and no apologys from know it all
    I was thinking the same. Although I think he’d argue black is white.

Leave a comment:

• compressore
    replied
    Impressive

Originally posted by benutzer View Post
    just a short overview
    Wow.
    You can equip a whole U-boat flotilla with the 8x50 I see
    Outstanding collection ! Thanks for sharing those pictures.

Regards
    Christian

Leave a comment:

• Martin Simon
    replied
    Originally posted by grygierek2 View Post
    I confirm the removal of markings. In Poland there are many items that Germany abandoned. It was common to remove markings (not just the swastika mark) and then use these objects.
    Thanks for confirming that ... but that wasn't really the point. Of course that happened a lot and not just in Poland..
    The point was, as you point out, that removal of offensive markings was usually done when continuing to use the object after the war. It makes less sense to do that for stuff that ends up abandoned on the battlefield.
    Not suggesting this is evidence that will change people's opinion on your bino's, just something I don't recall seeing on battlefield relics.

Leave a comment:

• grygierek2
    replied
    I confirm the removal of markings. In Poland there are many items that Germany abandoned. It was common to remove markings (not just the swastika mark) and then use these objects. In the US, there are many items that veterans legally took away - they cared about nice items without removing marks and swastikas.

Leave a comment:

• Robert H
    replied
    and no apologys from know it all

Leave a comment:

• istra63
    replied
    I hope you record your knowledge benutzer
    Outstanding collection

Leave a comment:

• benutzer
    replied
    In 1945 it was not very benefiting to be an SS member.....near the city ENNS in Austria was an place where soldiers disarmed and chuck away here stuff in bomb craters.
    The digger goes there for awards and in 2004 he found an bomb crater with technical stuff as radios, binoculars and and.
    If I compare the shoulder of the tan colored bino to the villaba, I see no different.

More details I didnt know, I got this binos for free because he know I collect binos.

Leave a comment:

• Martin Simon
    replied
    Fantastic collection!

Now I am no expert on this at all, but why would the SS Dienstglas marking be scratched out on a ground dug item?

And also, I notice the other plates with the Vilaba Roma and SS markings are in a remarkably good condition when compared with the other items..

Martin

Leave a comment:

• Robert H
    replied
    outstanding world class collection!

Leave a comment:

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
X