Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AntiqueWW2
    replied
    OK good for you then. I stick with Africa and that your Glas is Grabage. And the Link i posted is for you to learn, but since you know all, then why you even post here and ask for Opinion? You want what? A XRay analyse form your 50 Euro Bino? Sorry cant give you that. And i collect more then 30 Years, but i would never say i know all. But i have seen a lot, and one of the Things i have seen, is several of this cheap Trys to add some Markings and then say it is the Holy Grail and worth a Ton of Money. Anyway, i guess is better to simple not Answer at all anymore and just wonder about what is going on.

Originally posted by grygierek2 View Post
    You will not tell me what to do! Who are you to create as a professional. Attaching a link to a website does not mean anything. The collector's environment is full of self-proclaimed experts. If you show me the merit-based analysis of this binoculars, I will agree. For now, you just shout. You send me to Africa. You send me on eBay. Stupid, malicious chat.

I am a collector with several years of experience. I have such gebirgsjager collections that you have seen only on the internet. The same with optics. I would really care more about the words.

Leave a comment:

• cossack1648
    replied

I am a collector with several years of experience. I have such gebirgsjager collections that you have seen only on the internet. The same with optics. I would really care more about the words.
    That's pretty arrogant statement.

As far as binos go, if you post a controversial item on the forum some people will have doubts. You demand a proof that they are fake, but did not show any proof that they are real. So to me they are still in the "to believe", or "not to believe" category. Maybe if you have shown any other examples of similarly marked SS Vilaba binos, they would be more believable which would help your sale.

Nobody saw and knows everything and term "professional" applied to the hobby is kind of strange. Even many "experts" who wrote books were proven wrong. On the other hand there are few things that were commonly considered fake and later after evidence was found they became proven as real. Maybe your binos are another example, but that needs to be proven.

Jack

Leave a comment:

• grygierek2
    replied
    AbtiqueWWII:

Someone who spends almost 800 posts a year is for me an ordinary troll and an unbalanced person.

Leave a comment:

• grygierek2
    replied
    You will not tell me what to do! Who are you to create as a professional. Attaching a link to a website does not mean anything. The collector's environment is full of self-proclaimed experts. If you show me the merit-based analysis of this binoculars, I will agree. For now, you just shout. You send me to Africa. You send me on eBay. Stupid, malicious chat.

Leave a comment:

• AntiqueWW2
    replied
    Man, i have no clue why some People post there Stuff and then not want to understand what they have. If you think it is all good and real, perfect i am happy for you. But please, sell it on Ebay or somehwere else.

Leave a comment:

• grygierek2
    replied
    I expect that the threads will be combined. I'm not focused on fast sales. It is rather a revival of the discussion about the object. greetings

Leave a comment:

• grygierek2
    replied
    Antique..... : On this page, they write about repainting binoculars. An old topic like the world. Nothing new.

Leave a comment:

• TP Alexander
    replied
    Originally posted by Chet Sowersby View Post
    At the very least a moderator should link this discussion to the sales thread.

Chet
    I agree.
    The person selling has a link to this discussion but I think that when a Mod. or Admin does it, that is the ‘red flag’ that people need to see.
    It’s more or less giving a prospective buyer the ‘Caveat emptor’ that some people need to see!!!

Leave a comment:

• grygierek2
    replied
    All markings are probed with an engraver. As with all Hensoldt binoculars. All markings are made in one way. Nothing is "made up".

Leave a comment:

• Chet Sowersby
    replied
    At the very least a moderator should link this discussion to the sales thread.

Chet

Leave a comment:

• AntiqueWW2
    replied
    100 Points Engraved or stamped...it was added later. But some People simple never hear what you say, so is better leave them alone and who ever will buy that then.....sorry for you in Advance.

Originally posted by cossack1648 View Post
    Is that "SS" stamp really a stamp or an engraving? Maybe close up photo under magnification would help to determine that. It definitely looks different in style an application than logo stamp. It seems to be applied after black paint was applied and there is no white paint in the recesses like on other markings, so it wasn't applied at the factory to indicate SS order like in RUKA binos.

When looking at the screws they look like someone tried to turn them, when comparing to screws on other panels. That is a sign of messing around and indication that someone tried or did taken that panel off.

Jack

Leave a comment:

• cossack1648
    replied
    Is that "SS" stamp really a stamp or an engraving? Maybe close up photo under magnification would help to determine that. It definitely looks different in style an application than logo stamp. It seems to be applied after black paint was applied and there is no white paint in the recesses like on other markings, so it wasn't applied at the factory to indicate SS order like in RUKA binos.

When looking at the screws they look like someone tried to turn them, when comparing to screws on other panels. That is a sign of messing around and indication that someone tried or did taken that panel off.

Jack
    Last edited by cossack1648; 08-04-2019, 10:54 AM.

Leave a comment:

• AntiqueWW2
    replied
    You want Facts? Well, no Problem. https://dienstglas.hpage.com/faelschungen.html

go there and get your facts straight. Or contact Ted Brink, he collects them forever. No matter who you will Contact, you will always here the same from someone who knows of course what he is talking about. F A K E.

This Style simple never existed, a dump Try to get more Money out of it, thats all. This Crap is around forever. I have seen them 20 Years ago on every Fleemarket sold for a few Bucks....i have seen them in Auctions....selling for a few Hundred to some dump Morons....They are Fake, 100% without a doubt FAKE. And thats it with that Glas. Whoever think this is real should consider another Hobby, Butterfly Collecting....something where not much can go wrong.

And if that is all not enough, then simple use a bit logic, take the Bino in front of you, and then look very close to the SS Stamp...and ask yourself if that looks perfect legit to you. What is more easy then stamp 2 SS runes in Metal and make something worth 20 Times more then normal. Man Man, there you really start loose hope for that Hobby...

You do not give any arguments for the fact that this is a fake. No arguments. A malicious statement without arguments.
    Last edited by AntiqueWW2; 08-04-2019, 06:55 AM.

Leave a comment:

• grygierek2
    replied
    You do not give any arguments for the fact that this is a fake. No arguments. A malicious statement without arguments.

Leave a comment:

• AntiqueWW2
    replied
    You can go with what ever Opinion you want, but one Thing you cant do, and that is selling a complete Fake Crap on Estand and wait that some poor Guy belive in your Ape Story and then buy it. Calling other People Stupid because you ask them for Help and then you not like what you hear is something you should maybe do somewhere else. Your Bino is FAKE, and not a very good one. That Type is arround for Years, one single Crap Stamp and you transform a 50 Euro Bino into a rare 1500 Euro or more Item. Yeah, right.

I prefer to follow the opinion of a professional and not malcontents. You have not made any argument for the fact that it is a copy.
    Thank you for all the comments, including those stupid.

Leave a comment:

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 11:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
X