No announcement yet.

Binoculars dienstglas ss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Take it easy gentlemen. A reminder- an infraction will follow any personal insults. Discuss the binos without any insults.
    Looking for a 30 '06 Chauchat magazine.

Comment

Your argument of having seen this type of binoculars has no credibility as the fakers have been producing their wares and adding bogus stamps to existing equipment for over fifty years since the end of the war. You will need to come up with something more factual than that.

Chet
      Zinc stinks!

Comment

Ok, i have read the older Threads from you and its always the same...i have with a Friend 2000 Binos at home, i know all. I am happy for you that you have them and you know all about them, and that i am here the Guy with half knowledge not do anything to me. But for me as always only Facts count and nothing else. So when you have a proof that they are original, then post that Proof. Everything else are nice, but will not make that Bino posted in this Thread original. I should just stay out here and let it be, on the other hand i feel sorry for everyone who would buy that and own then a 50 Euro Bino.

Originally posted by benutzer View Post
        ....... i have seen these Binos the past 25 Years......thats the answer for all what you have written !!!
        over and out
        WWW.EDELWEISS-ANTIQUES.COM

Specialized in Uniforms, Mountain Troops and Heeresbergfuhrer

Comment

Originally posted by AntiqueWW2 View Post
          And one more Thing, you say these Binos where made for Export, i guess you mean from Hensoldt in Germany for the Italians, that was the way they did that. So these Glasses are made for Export to Italy. Then please explain me why they should then have a SS Stamp there? Where is the logic in that?
          There is a hypothetical possibility that they could have been made for Vilaba, but never shipped to Italy for whatever reason. Maybe contract was cancelled or maybe not paid and already made and marked binos never left Germany. Then somehow they were sold as a surplus stock to SS and remarked in a hurry.
          Of course that is only a thought and hypothetical weighing of probabilities. NOT A STATEMENT. Very unlikely, but not totally impossible. Definitely not a proof, well maybe excuse for a fishy dealer. Nevertheless if proven true, that would change a lot. So, find a proof and you will have a winner. Maybe other similar binos as well to be more believable.
          And to be clear, I don't believe in those binos.
          Jack
          Last edited by cossack1648; 08-05-2019, 09:09 PM.

Comment

Jack, you absolute right. For me is not very hard to change my Mind when someone comes and hold me a proof under my Nose. Would not be the first time happens in this Hobby. But when you see for a very long time that Junk sold on every Corner, when Dealers and Collectors who only collect this all say Fake, and when you know in the 90s exactly the same Junk was sold on every Corner and Fleemarket for next to nothing, is hard to do so. And then comes someone and say i have 2000 Binos at home, i dug up one....and tell me i am a Moron, but shows nothing solid to proof it, remember me at my Grandma, try hard to explain me Santa Claus is real and i need write a Letter to him in order to get something nice For me, this is just another Try to add the magic SS to something what normal is worth 50 Bucks and turn it into 1500, easy doing. But not worth to bang heads over it, if that Guy think it is real, i would simple say he should go and buy it, add it to his 2000 Binos and done.

Originally posted by cossack1648 View Post
            There is a hypothetical possibility that they could have been made for Vilaba, but never shipped to Italy for whatever reason. Maybe contract was cancelled or maybe not paid and already made and marked binos never left Germany. Then somehow they were sold as a surplus stock to SS and remarked in a hurry.
            Of course that is only a thought and hypothetical weighing of probabilities. NOT A STATEMENT. Very unlikely, but not totally impossible. Definitely not a proof, well maybe excuse for a fishy dealer. Nevertheless if proven true, that would change a lot. So, find a proof and you will have a winner. Maybe other similar binos as well to be more believable.
            And to be clear, I don't believe in those binos.
            Jack

Comment

i would simple say he should go and buy it, add it to his 2000 Binos and done.

not necassery for me to buy, I have two of them

take a time to find the photos on my old computer, this are the potos from 2004 when I got the binos from the digger for nothing
              Attached Files
              Last edited by benutzer; 09-01-2019, 01:32 AM.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

And then comes someone and say i have 2000 Binos at home, i dug up one....and tell me i am a Moron, but shows nothing solid to proof it,

just a short overview
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by benutzer; 09-01-2019, 01:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by benutzer View Post
                      just a short overview
                      OUCH....no more words needed

Comment

Exactly...I am very happy these pictures show up.
                        It would be nice to see if the ones with the loudest negative opinions would have the chivalry to admit they have learned something new about optics. At least I have...

Erik

Comment

SO, and what makes the Glas now real? The Dug with the added Stamp? Or the 4 Shelves of Glasses? The only Stamp what to me has any Chance are the Stamps from the 2 loose Covers on one of the Pictures. But sure not the Stamp on the Glass what was posted here and open this Thread. Is not the first Time i have seen a Ground Dug with added Stamps marks ect. Please post some clear Closeups from the Stamps. Room is nice, i remember him from somewhere. Are they yours?
                          Last edited by AntiqueWW2; 09-01-2019, 03:28 AM.

Comment

Hello. A beautiful collection. Beautiful. Pictures of the dug SS Dienstglass binoculars dispel doubts. If someone believes that this is not the original, nothing will convince him. Thank you for proof of the originality of my binoculars.

Comment

Not all "Vilaba Roma" where stamped with SS Dienstglas !!
                              I have seen some with and some without (but some with reticle inside)
                              there are 3 contracts (what I konw now)

with SS-Dienstglas 42245, 42601, 42679 (dug out), 43024
                              without SS-Dienstglas 46xxx - 48xxx (seen arround 10 in the range)
                              withou SS-Dienstglas 46886, 469197, 470208

Comment

Benutzer

WOW! I always respected your knowledge regarding optics, but I had no idea you had a collection like that. Impressive is an understatement.
                                Behind every fortune rest a crime....particularly in this hobby!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                                X