Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Erik
    replied
    Exactly...I am very happy these pictures show up.
    It would be nice to see if the ones with the loudest negative opinions would have the chivalry to admit they have learned something new about optics. At least I have...

Erik

Leave a comment:

• Fsoq
    replied
    Originally posted by benutzer View Post
    just a short overview
    OUCH....no more words needed

Leave a comment:

• benutzer
    replied
    Originally posted by AntiqueWW2 View Post
    And then comes someone and say i have 2000 Binos at home, i dug up one....and tell me i am a Moron, but shows nothing solid to proof it,

just a short overview
    Attached Files
    Last edited by benutzer; 09-01-2019, 02:34 AM.

Leave a comment:

• benutzer
    replied
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• benutzer
    replied
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• benutzer
    replied
    i would simple say he should go and buy it, add it to his 2000 Binos and done.

not necassery for me to buy, I have two of them

take a time to find the photos on my old computer, this are the potos from 2004 when I got the binos from the digger for nothing
    Attached Files
    Last edited by benutzer; 09-01-2019, 02:32 AM.

Leave a comment:

• AntiqueWW2
    replied
    Jack, you absolute right. For me is not very hard to change my Mind when someone comes and hold me a proof under my Nose. Would not be the first time happens in this Hobby. But when you see for a very long time that Junk sold on every Corner, when Dealers and Collectors who only collect this all say Fake, and when you know in the 90s exactly the same Junk was sold on every Corner and Fleemarket for next to nothing, is hard to do so. And then comes someone and say i have 2000 Binos at home, i dug up one....and tell me i am a Moron, but shows nothing solid to proof it, remember me at my Grandma, try hard to explain me Santa Claus is real and i need write a Letter to him in order to get something nice For me, this is just another Try to add the magic SS to something what normal is worth 50 Bucks and turn it into 1500, easy doing. But not worth to bang heads over it, if that Guy think it is real, i would simple say he should go and buy it, add it to his 2000 Binos and done.

Originally posted by cossack1648 View Post
    There is a hypothetical possibility that they could have been made for Vilaba, but never shipped to Italy for whatever reason. Maybe contract was cancelled or maybe not paid and already made and marked binos never left Germany. Then somehow they were sold as a surplus stock to SS and remarked in a hurry.
    Of course that is only a thought and hypothetical weighing of probabilities. NOT A STATEMENT. Very unlikely, but not totally impossible. Definitely not a proof, well maybe excuse for a fishy dealer. Nevertheless if proven true, that would change a lot. So, find a proof and you will have a winner. Maybe other similar binos as well to be more believable.
    And to be clear, I don't believe in those binos.
    Jack

Leave a comment:

• cossack1648
    replied
    And one more Thing, you say these Binos where made for Export, i guess you mean from Hensoldt in Germany for the Italians, that was the way they did that. So these Glasses are made for Export to Italy. Then please explain me why they should then have a SS Stamp there? Where is the logic in that?
    There is a hypothetical possibility that they could have been made for Vilaba, but never shipped to Italy for whatever reason. Maybe contract was cancelled or maybe not paid and already made and marked binos never left Germany. Then somehow they were sold as a surplus stock to SS and remarked in a hurry.
    Of course that is only a thought and hypothetical weighing of probabilities. NOT A STATEMENT. Very unlikely, but not totally impossible. Definitely not a proof, well maybe excuse for a fishy dealer. Nevertheless if proven true, that would change a lot. So, find a proof and you will have a winner. Maybe other similar binos as well to be more believable.
    And to be clear, I don't believe in those binos.
    Jack
    Last edited by cossack1648; 08-05-2019, 10:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• AntiqueWW2
    replied
    Ok, i have read the older Threads from you and its always the same...i have with a Friend 2000 Binos at home, i know all. I am happy for you that you have them and you know all about them, and that i am here the Guy with half knowledge not do anything to me. But for me as always only Facts count and nothing else. So when you have a proof that they are original, then post that Proof. Everything else are nice, but will not make that Bino posted in this Thread original. I should just stay out here and let it be, on the other hand i feel sorry for everyone who would buy that and own then a 50 Euro Bino.

....... i have seen these Binos the past 25 Years......thats the answer for all what you have written !!!
    over and out

Leave a comment:

• Chet Sowersby
    replied
    Your argument of having seen this type of binoculars has no credibility as the fakers have been producing their wares and adding bogus stamps to existing equipment for over fifty years since the end of the war. You will need to come up with something more factual than that.

Chet

Leave a comment:

• Jeff V
    replied
    Take it easy gentlemen. A reminder- an infraction will follow any personal insults. Discuss the binos without any insults.

Leave a comment:

• benutzer
    replied
    ....... i have seen these Binos the past 25 Years......thats the answer for all what you have written !!!
    over and out

Leave a comment:

• AntiqueWW2
    replied
    And one more Thing, you say these Binos where made for Export, i guess you mean from Hensoldt in Germany for the Italians, that was the way they did that. So these Glasses are made for Export to Italy. Then please explain me why they should then have a SS Stamp there? Where is the logic in that?

And i like to get my Half Knowledge always as good as possible together, so of course i contacted until now 2 Museums, and 3 Lifelong Optic Collectors, and they know what they talk about. And each and everyone of them told me the same, you right, they are Fake.

Would you please now with your absolute Full Pro Expert Knowledge bring some rock solid Proof that these Binos here are indeed made for the SS, Stamped exactly like this. I am more then happy that you get it right, but please do it then with Proof not with a Story. Maybe the SS owned a special secret Bino Fabric, because it was most important they got Glasses with SS Stamp....that make the Binos then 10 Times better and they could then see the Enemy then even he was not there yet.

All i know, i have seen these Binos the past 25 Years, a lot Times on different Places...sometimes sold as original, sometimes as Fake, always same looking with the same markings.
    Last edited by AntiqueWW2; 08-05-2019, 12:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• AntiqueWW2
    replied
    A bigger Story then this you have not to come up with? The Glas is complete Trash, a good Glas with a added Stamp no more no less. Opitcal Store Owner from Vilabla in Roma???? Can you please post your Parts you got from your Dug Out Glas. Then all the Fake Binos i have seen the last 30 Years are original, yeah right. You are the only one here who think that Crap is real, so when you are so sure, then please just let me see one single Solid Proof, and no Story from the Store Owner in Roma. And then lets see what is this all about the horrible half Knowledge.....Binos stamped in Italy for the SS for Export.... Sorry, forgot, i have seen them before...the exact same one....but as FAKE. I am willing to learn something new, but i am affraid here there is really nothing to learn, maybe only to wonder on all the Items what Today are real what 20 Years ago you could buy for a few Bucks.....

It's always the same, I didnt have seen it before = it's a fake
    and also it's horrible when peoples with an dangeres half knowledge post there opinions.

The SS-Dienstglas Vilaba Roma is original. You will find this binos from
    serial number 42245 to 43900. I cant say if all numbers where marked with SS-Dienstglas but in this range you find this binos.
    The optical store VILABA in the city ROMA (Italy) ordert binos with his markings on it. I was in contact with new store owner in 2012 to get informations about this binos.
    In 2011 I got parts from an dug out Vilaba Roma SS-Dienstglas which was found near ENNS in Austria, so I started investigations and so I can say that this binos are not an fake !!!
    This binos where stamped with VILABA ROMA for export.

And to show this webside https://dienstglas.hpage.com/faelschungen.html as an reference

Leave a comment:

• benutzer
    replied
    It's always the same, I didnt have seen it before = it's a fake
    and also it's horrible when peoples with an dangeres half knowledge post there opinions.

The SS-Dienstglas Vilaba Roma is original. You will find this binos from
    serial number 42245 to 43900. I cant say if all numbers where marked with SS-Dienstglas but in this range you find this binos.
    The optical store VILABA in the city ROMA (Italy) ordert binos with his markings on it. I was in contact with new store owner in 2012 to get informations about this binos.
    In 2011 I got parts from an dug out Vilaba Roma SS-Dienstglas which was found near ENNS in Austria, so I started investigations and so I can say that this binos are not an fake !!!
    This binos where stamped with VILABA ROMA for export.

And to show this webside https://dienstglas.hpage.com/faelschungen.html as an reference

Leave a comment:

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 11:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
X