No announcement yet.

larger collection for discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good, then if you say the Cap itself is a original, then i would say i pay 15K, should be around what a original untouched Camo Hat is worth with Insignias period on it, if you can proof me without a single Doubt that the Hat is indeed real. Is very simple, no more useless back and forward is needed and no accuses of any kind.

Originally posted by 90th Light View Post
    Simple, nothing is wrong with the SS camo cap it is not a copy.

And it makes no sense why Micheal is being accused of a hoax deceased collector hoard by some members,

Chris
    WWW.EDELWEISS-ANTIQUES.COM

Specialized in Uniforms, Mountain Troops and Heeresbergfuhrer

Comment

Originally posted by AntiqueWW2 View Post
      Good, then if you say the Cap itself is a original, then i would say i pay 15K, should be around what a original untouched Camo Hat is worth with Insignias period on it, if you can proof me without a single Doubt that the Hat is indeed real. Is very simple, no more useless back and forward is needed and no accuses of any kind.
      Easy compare with Bob's cap from Owen's thread on the subject (page 6, post numbers 82 to 90);

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...light=camo+cap

Micheal suggest to do this on post number 118

But here you are, I will do it for you,

Chris
      Attached Files
      Last edited by 90th Light; 07-15-2019, 06:12 AM.

Comment

More comparisons of the beyond doubt manufacturer footprints.

Makes you wonder if it is the same maker ?

Chris
        Attached Files
        Last edited by 90th Light; 07-15-2019, 06:02 AM.

Comment

And thats your Proof and all you are able to bring up? Some Pictures? Did you ever handle one original period Camo Hat with original Insignias period on the Cap? I just ask, because that is needed, to have an original in Hand, study it and then you may know where to look.

Easy compare with Bob's cap from Owen's thread on the subject.

Micheal suggest to do this on post number 115 & 116

But here you are, I will do it for you,

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by AntiqueWW2 View Post
            And thats your Proof and all you are able to bring up? Some Pictures? Did you ever handle one original period Camo Hat with original Insignias period on the Cap? I just ask, because that is needed, to have an original in Hand, study it and then you may know where to look.
            As I have already stated on previous posts on this thread. Please add some images here for all to see of these caps you have handled and the rolls of of uncut SS camo insignia.

I am not the only one reading this who would like to see what you are basing you judgements upon.

If you do not want to add them here then you can email them to me. My PM is full but my email link is working,

Chris

p.s. I know where to look and what to look for
            Last edited by 90th Light; 07-15-2019, 06:15 AM.

Comment

Will do

As I have already stated on previous posts on this thread. Please add some images here for all to see of these caps you have handled and the rolls of of uncut SS camo insignia.

I am not the only one reading this who would like to see what you are basing you judgements upon.

If you do not want to add them here then you can email them to me. My PM is full but my email link is working,

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Robert H View Post
                Camo cap look original to me. The insignais are one lookers original ones. Is the cap really a copy? What is wrong with it?
                simple to good stuff for some Robert ,must be fake becose its rare and most can only dream to own it in real life so better for some to call it reproduction.............smw made with rolls of real insignia or something that way

Comment

Originally posted by wehl View Post
                  simple to good stuff for some Robert ,must be fake becose its rare and most can only dream to own it in real life so better for some to call it reproduction.............smw made with rolls of real insignia or something that way
                  Well if that is what "smw" or S&M can make today

Then please email me their contact details. I can not wait to buy one fast enough

Chris

Comment

forget some one made 1:1perfect copys. Those shown ones are 100% original insignias.
                    -----
                    search: BMW R12 parts
                    search: everything from Fliegerhorst Illesheim
                    search: everything from Kavallerie Reg. 17 Bamberg

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Kuligowski View Post
                      thank for the trust Ben, I mean I have been here only 17 years, plotting this since day one....
                      Michael, I wasn't accusing you of anything untrustworthy.
                      Maybe I've totally misunderstood but I thought you said that these items including the camo cap belong to the family of your deceased friend? If so, where does the auction house come into it then? because the latest photos were shot in a studio, that much is obvious.

Comment

I know nothing of SS cloth, and am not opining on the cap in question, but I find it plausible that a 100% original cap could be included in a collection replete with fakes. I have seen it here locally with an older long-time collector - lots of bogus items, but he has an original DKiG and Knights Cross. Even a blind pig finds a truffle now and again.

Don
                        "Der Führer vasn't a mousy little momma's boy - Der Führer vas Butch!" - Will Ferrell in The Producers

Comment

Originally posted by DonC View Post
                          I know nothing of SS cloth, and am not opining on the cap in question, but I find it plausible that a 100% original cap could be included in a collection replete with fakes. I have seen it here locally with an older long-time collector - lots of bogus items, but he has an original DKiG and Knights Cross. Even a blind pig finds a truffle now and again.

Don
                          Absolutely correct.

s/f Robert

Comment

The cap has nothing wrong to me. Original unnumbered cloth, and correct construction it appears. I'm quite curious what is wrong with it, but as always, nobody will bother to ever mention it.

If anything, the only suspect part is that the construction is identical to bob's, and made in the same very uncommon pattern

Comment

I bet there were some big douchebaggery taking place early in this thread.

Comment

Owen, after looking at these latest pics do you still believe this cap was made by S&M?
                                Looking for a 30 '06 Chauchat magazine.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                                X