Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Early grey LAH strap

Hi Guys,

This one is puzzling- I have seen exactly one on grey before which was owned by Martin Stiles but had the usual round top- I don't recall seeing a strap with this large style cypher with pointed army style top before?

Would greatly appreciate any opinions you could give me on it.

Many thanks

Patrick
    Attached Files
    Best regards, Patrick

"Rein muss er" und wenn wir beide weinen! - Personal inscription of Oblt Klaus Faber, JV44 Papagei Staffel

It's the first version worn for a very short time in earth grey by enlisted ranks and NCOs.
    Can't comment on authenticity though

Comment

En extremely rare piece. I never knew they existed like this.

I have many LAH cyphered straps and boards in my collection, but a pointed one like this only with small slowing cyphers. Not big ones like the one shown. Interesting to say the least. A true rarity. Looks very convincing.

Markus

Comment

lah

Could you show the reverse of this shoulderboard .

Comment

Thanks for the comments so far Guys, Jim the reverse is shown in the 2nd photo- can you see it? or do you need a different angle?
          Best regards, Patrick

"Rein muss er" und wenn wir beide weinen! - Personal inscription of Oblt Klaus Faber, JV44 Papagei Staffel

Comment

I like it very much!

Comment

thanks Ton
              Best regards, Patrick

Comment

Hi Patrick , Is that a sewn in or is the tongue cut off ?. I have several pre -war

Boards of the style similar to yours.Is the button hole is as unfinished as it appears?

Cheers Steve

Comment

Hi Steve,

It's a sew in strap, the bottom is folded and sewn in.

The buttonhole is finished but the stitching didn't catch the edge fully on the one side so it is mis-sewn but functional.

thanks

Patrick
                  Best regards, Patrick

Comment

Maybe just paranoid, Or WW1 Straps taken apart and resewn with cypher added. Look at the thread around the boarder. Looks brand new, but with some of thread tarnished in spots. Button hole is weird also. I dunno
                    WAF & MILITARIA INFLUENCER

Comment

Originally posted by galizien41 View Post
                      Maybe just paranoid, Or WW1 Straps taken apart and resewn with cypher added. Look at the thread around the boarder. Looks brand new, but with some of thread tarnished in spots. Button hole is weird also. I dunno

Good Comment . . .
                      You gave to be very careful . . . Its a mine field
                      Is it worth checking on Google to see if they are available ?
                      Regards David

Comment

I have seen numerous sets of these script LAH boards and know that there are differences in how the crossbars of the letters are addressed. Some use the diagonal connector between the two legs of the H as the crossbar, and some have an additional crossbar added along with the diagonal link. But I have never seen the crossbar of the A go outside the letter and attach to the H as in this one. A sewing error? or did someone go a bit to far in adding stitching. I don't know. Something to ponder.

Greg

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Domian View Post
                          I have seen numerous sets of these script LAH boards and know that there are differences in how the crossbars of the letters are addressed. Some use the diagonal connector between the two legs of the H as the crossbar, and some have an additional crossbar added along with the diagonal link. But I have never seen the crossbar of the A go outside the letter and attach to the H as in this one. A sewing error? or did someone go a bit to far in adding stitching. I don't know. Something to ponder.

Greg

Good point Greg.

I just examined my large cypher and it also does not feature the crossbar of the A going outside the letter.
                          I also have a small flowing cypher on a pointed pre-war board which also does not have this feature.
                          On the 2 models of the small flowing metal cyphers I own this feature can also not be seen.
                          Last, not least, none of my gothic cyphers metals or cloth show this feature.

I own about 15 cyphers of all different types, shapes and sizes and non of them show this feature.

This piece here truely puzzles me and I must say I've never seen one on a period picture as far as I can recall.

Doesn't have to mean it did not exist though...

Markus.

Comment

Barry posted a pair recently where the crossbar of the "A" connects to the "H":

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru....php?t=1005390

mlc

Comment

Gee

WAF finally catching on that this plethora of new script cyphers are all fakes? Bout time.
                              Behind every fortune rest a crime....particularly in this hobby!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                              X