Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Obergruppen2 View Post
    Tell it to the Jews
    ...fortunally i don't have any relation to these people... so... give me her.

Comment

Back to topic!

Here's a good study portret of a SS Helferin uniform!
      I also have mixed feelings about the "uniform" that started this thread...
      Note typical SS style collar lapels
      Attached Files

Comment

On this repro note the back panel of this SS Nachrichten uniform , sahariana style with 1/2 belt!
        Image credit goes to Soldatenwerk.com

Interesting to study assuming these repros are accurate!
        This style fancy back panel is probably only typical for SS nachrichten helferinnen. (note "Reichsschule-SS" CT)
        Female SS staff camp "work" uniforms are probably a more simple design (I assume)!
        Attached Files
        Last edited by NickG; 03-24-2012, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Take a look at this thread :

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=503516&page=2

The one on Hannahs reich ( that time ) has the same collar as the SS women on the pics.. Same button high, but the problem was that the jacket has the same ''cut'' as men jacket and they should have the opposite direction.

The one on oakleaf as shown on page one... well..

Comment

I had not seen that shredded one before, interesting that it does not button like a female tunic. I'm still kind of stumped on mine. Maybe I will never know. I'd like to think it is a good one, naturally.

Comment

Here is another period photo out of my collection for comparison.
              Attached Files
              best regards
              christian

Comment

Originally posted by Mogdala View Post
                Here is another period photo out of my collection for comparison.
                my tunic looks very simular to your foto:
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Gran Sasso View Post
                  The buttons are on the wrong side for female.

Bob Hritz
                  In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Hritz View Post
                    The buttons are on the wrong side for female.

Bob Hritz
                    I have enough fotos of girls in uniform (all branches), with buttons that way, too - of course normally you see the other way round, but not always.

Comment

Button side

I have enough fotos of girls in uniform (all branches), with buttons that way, too - of course normally you see the other way round, but not always.
                      Can you show an image that has not be reversed accidentally by flipping the negative. I am unaware that female coat closure can go both ways.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Manzie View Post
                        Can you show an image that has not be reversed accidentally by flipping the negative. I am unaware that female coat closure can go both ways.
                        Here is one, will search for more (no need for the - )
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Manzie View Post
                          Thats a modern photo....
                          That women was born in 1989.
                          Your right, although a nice photograph, this is modern, I know who this is, and this Swedish young lady will be amused to see her picture under such discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by 9SSHohenstaufen View Post
                            Is the photo really a modern one? Fooled me. She doesn't look like any reenactors I've seen on the US east coast : ( They are all rather fat.

As far as comparing to an original Heer Helferin uniform, I don't think they can. Cut and style is completely different. I also think the lining was changed out at some point in its life, most likely a period private purchase upgrade. Still I suppose with the lack of insignia it really is anyone's guess. I just wish there was more interest in the female uniform aspects of Third Reich militaria, or I wouldn't be asking the question.
                            I used to be friends with the girl in the picture, and I tried to get her started with re-enactment, but when she heard that no make-up was allowed and that she couldn't even use a pen to fill in her eyebrows, she chose not too.

So unfortunately she's nothing but a poser

And I highly doubt that the jacket in question is anything more than a civilian jacket with insignia slapped on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Todeskommando View Post
                              I used to be friends with the girl in the picture, and I tried to get her started with re-enactment, but when she heard that no make-up was allowed and that she couldn't even use a pen to fill in her eyebrows, she chose not too.

So unfortunately she's nothing but a poser

And I highly doubt that the jacket in question is anything more than a civilian jacket with insignia slapped on it.

That is really rude to criticise people just like that. If you don't have anything good to say about people, don't say anything! Although your reputation precedes you anyway.

Comment

Except that yours is a man's jacket. Women's jackets buton from the wearer's left to right (as do all of those in the original Helferin photos); Yours buttons the opposite way and was, therefore, tailored for a man.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 11:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                                X