Or male pinky finger

Comment

I never thought of that scenario??

Comment

Originally posted by toot View Post
        I never thought of that scenario??
        quite common for the day

Comment

Still its original, I would be proud to own it. I like it very much.
          ​​​​​​Vince

Comment

Original, with the proper die flaws, in the proper place.

Comment

The SS TK ring is the only historical item that can be attributed to a SS officer. With the engraving removed, and the SS runes cut out, it has lost a lot of its appeal and value.

Comment

Nice ring! It COULD be possible to decipher the name or a part of it, as I see some engraving. High resolution in-focus pictures in different angles would be needed + some playing with contrast. Also natural (or artificial) oxidation MIGHT bring something up.

Br. Juergen

Comment

Originally posted by tk99 View Post
                  The SS TK ring is the only historical item that can be attributed to a SS officer. With the engraving removed, and the SS runes cut out, it has lost a lot of its appeal and value.
                  Actually the "SS runes" are those around the skull. The ones you are referring to, are not "SS runes"....

My books:

- THE WEHRPAß & SOLDBUCH OF THE WH
                  - THE SS TK RING
                  - THE ITALIAN-GERMAN MEDAL
                  - THE ANTI PARTISAN BADGE
                  - THE AWARDS OF THE LW

and more!

sigpic

Comment

Are you sure it’s a size 4??? It’s looks like a size 6.5 or 7 to me. Look at that tiny little ring I have in this picture it’s a size 6. I would have the size checked out again with a proper ring size tool.
                    Attached Files
                    Tragen Sie den Ring in Ehren !

Comment

It fits on my pinkie and Don Boyle commented on it.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by australia View Post

Or male pinky finger
                        My grandfather that served in ww2 always wore a pinky ring. Very popular for men in his day

Comment

Question, does anyone know what the silver that was used in the making of these rings? 800 or 925 possibly? I see alot of Gahr was 800.

thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by Striwa88 View Post
                            Question, does anyone know what the silver that was used in the making of these rings? 800 or 925 possibly? I see alot of Gahr was 800.

thanks in advance

Close to modern 925 standards ,

as written by JoeW over there at GD.C John Pepera once tested his honor rings and did come to the result:
                            1934 has 91,1% silver and 8,86% copper
                            1939 has 90,5% silver and 9,49% copper
                            1942 has 96,3% silver and 3,7% copper
                            1944 has 92,8% silver and 7,15% copper.

Comment

Hello people.
                              The truth is, and for 300e, I don't see it wrong. It is a pity that the internal engraving has disappeared. But it is an original piece that, as they have commented here, has a story to tell and it was from an SS officer with an immaculate record, which was the main requirement that was needed for the Reichfūhrer to decide to grant it. I'm behind one, but the prices I see, when I am lucky enough to see an original one for sale, are astronomical. So even if some things have disappeared from the piece, I think that for 300 and I would buy it. Regarding the skull it looks very good. And I ask, is that the way the skull has to have? or are there other manufacturers who made them with the skull in a different way? Thank you and enjoy it.

Cheers

Manu.

Comment

Originally posted by manu1972 View Post
                                Hello people.
                                The truth is, and for 300e, I don't see it wrong. It is a pity that the internal engraving has disappeared. But it is an original piece that, as they have commented here, has a story to tell and it was from an SS officer with an immaculate record, which was the main requirement that was needed for the Reichfūhrer to decide to grant it. I'm behind one, but the prices I see, when I am lucky enough to see an original one for sale, are astronomical. So even if some things have disappeared from the piece, I think that for 300 and I would buy it. Regarding the skull it looks very good. And I ask, is that the way the skull has to have? or are there other manufacturers who made them with the skull in a different way? Thank you and enjoy it.

Cheers

Manu.
                                300 was for valuation only by Don Boyle , not sure what the ring itself cost ?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 11:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                                X