Massive SS Honor Ring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The ring I posted isn't fake, Sir.
    The ones that the OP posted he clearly states they are repops.

Comment

Originally posted by JR. View Post
      The ring I posted isn't fake, Sir.
      The ones that the OP posted he clearly states they are repops.
      No, No, not your ring!

Sorry if that was implied.

Your ring is gorgeous.

I was referring to the two rings at the beginning of the thread.

Comment

nice ring JR

I would put CG book way back in the book shelf ...
        -----
        search: BMW R12 parts
        search: everything from Fliegerhorst Illesheim
        search: everything from Kavallerie Reg. 17 Bamberg

Comment

The totenkompf ring was the same width, no matter what diameter size they are. It was just a matter of trimming less or more oak leaves to the proper length which were then joined at the skull, that determined the diameter difference from one ring to another. But do note, there was a slight width difference between the 30's style rings, from those produced during the 40's.

This ring is 15 5/8
          What happens when a ring size is so large there is nothing to trim? Is an extra row of oak leaves added? I'm talking about the area between the skull and S rune in triangle. Normally we see that area being shorter or longer. I understand what you are saying which would only work for approx ring sizes 6-12. Have we seen a case of a ring being larger then even 13? What does a jeweler do when he gets an order for a size 15? How do you stretch a pattern that only goes so far? Or, do you use a larger template which may be used perhaps 1 in 1000? I'm just saying, your argument only works to a certain point.
          Last edited by clestuff; 05-13-2020, 07:17 AM.
          USA

Comment

I just posted a ring size 15 5/8 and what it looks like. Do they get bigger than this? perhaps size 20 ?

Comment

If a ring order were say larger than size 16, the gorilla may just have to wear it on his pinky............ or neck chain.

Comment

Lets see the inside pics of that ring JR?

The totenkompf ring was the same width, no matter what diameter size they are. It was just a matter of trimming less or more oak leaves to the proper length which were then joined at the skull, that determined the diameter difference from one ring to another. But do note, there was a slight width difference between the 30's style rings, from those produced during the 40's.

This ring is 15 5/8

Comment

You're just fishing again, Holt.

Incidentally, you may want to look at your nemesis ring on the Frank topic. You know, the one that you trolled me on for 13 years.

Comment

The Ron Holt harassment for 13 years I've put up with on this website in regards to SSTK's, daggers, and more:

1/19/2010

As I said before, these goofy looking pictures were posted on the Militaria Collecting Forum and if I am not mistaken, they were posted by JR. Instead of posting detailed pics of the ring to show details (engraving and etc), the ring is displayed to mask them.
                    I feel confident this is the Frank ring that was discussed and maybe that is the reason they want it removed. Ron

3/28/2010

Did this come out of the same lot as the Frank ring (JR owns and posted). If I remember correctly Grenadier was also the one that obtained it from the vet's family. And if I rembered correctly, it was questionable as an original. This helmet as posted appears to come with the similair problems. Would be interested in the out of this . Never did hear anythign more on the Frank ring as JR said in a post it would be available for review at the SOS but never heard any tht saw it. Ron

8/19/2010

Quite an interesting turn of events. Don evidently had concerns. I see JR has posted pics of the FRANK ring and makes a comparison of the letter styles. Was the FRANK ring ever confirmed as legitimate? Quite ironic that this new ring acquisition soem similiar traits to a ring that had concerns.
                    Coincidence that Craig had both? Just thinking outloud and curious.

8/25/2012

JR
                    You have some of the most off the wall weirdest props to diplay with your daggers. What is the purpose of that? Why not use props that are more identified the object, say for instance, uniforms, medals and etc.

9/11/2012

JR, care to explain your statement about touch up?? I think collectors would like to know so it can be spotted in the future. Shouldn't taint the piece if you can support it. Ron

7/9/2013

Maybe member JR can chime in? He owned the Frank ring and we persistenly tried to get him to post detailed pics of the ring, inside and out to no avail. Ron

12/22/2013

Maybe JR can elaborate more on the ring that CG had. DOes he mean ring with joiner line flaw or erased name??

3/4/2014

What, you didn't have a Segway!
                    Ron

6/27/2016

This does not look well on your part. Remember the "Frank" totenkopring and JR?? Ron

1/13/2018

New collectors and even older collectors are going to shy away from these the same as when JR had the Frank ring and GG's problems. It happened with SS Helmet and it is happening with the rings. Lets correct the downfall.
                    Ron

Comment

Asking for pics is not harassment. You got your s feeling hurt when I commented on your photography background and have not gotten over it yet. Why are you so reluctant to provide info or pics? Anyone reading those comments and distinguish between trolling and wanting info. You failed to provide pics on the frank ring after numerous request from other collectors and the same seems to be happening when I asked for pics of the larger ring. Should not be too difficult .

Comment

nothing discuss - both rings ugly copy

Comment

I never tire of TK honor ring threads

Comment

JR, thank you for showing this splendorous ring. It gives deep insights into the manufacturing process to me.
                            Greetings, daggers.

Comment

I just posted a ring size 15 5/8 and what it looks like. Do they get bigger than this? perhaps size 20 ?
                              Sorry Jr., I missed that. Its really 15 5/8?? I would like to see it next to a size 10 ring just for laughs...why does the skull look so big on a 15 5/8 ring??
                              USA

Comment

Originally posted by JoeW View Post
                                What is the interior diameter in mm of a size 15? I have a big 1934 that Don papered a few years ago. Said it was a re-make of 1940. Loose on my fingers.

I found a conversion chart and mine would be a size 13 at 22mm inside diameter. JR, you 15 5/8 is enormous. I suppose it would have fit my dad's fingers. He was a baker with huge hands. I must have inherited mom's as the 13 fits on my thumb.
                                Attached Files
                                Premium paid for Walther Model 8 #727649 and Walther PP #975557

Comment

Working...
                                X