Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

10x80 flak glas

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    10x80 flak glas

    My Grandfather brought back this 10x80 monocular, manufactured by CXN - Emil Busch AG in Rathenow from his service in the USAAF during the war. I know it is for a flak 88, judging by the 8,8/18-36-37 engravings on the side. What I do not know, and hope this forum has members who can help, is what function does this ZF serve as it has no reticle in the lense?





    #2
    34 views and no replies is unfortunate! Some collector out there must have an idea of this optics purpose!

    Comment


      #3
      ???

      seeing the other post I'd say no one knows... Cant imagine they are that rare if they were used on the 88.. they made a ton of 88's

      Comment


        #4
        Im not concerned with the rarity, i would just like to know what its purpose was, but thank you for your reply!

        Comment


          #5
          ??

          i havent picked up the book eye's of the wehrmacht but it might be in there.
          Its a book on the 10x80 flakglass..

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by MAUSER99 View Post
            i havent picked up the book eye's of the wehrmacht but it might be in there.
            Its a book on the 10x80 flakglass..
            10x80 Binos, where as this is a ZF (monocular), but i will look into the book thank you for the information!

            Comment


              #7
              Z.F.10x80 8,8/18-36-37

              Hi SunsetIE, our resident expert on gunsights ( mlespaul) is the font of knowledge here.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Stew View Post
                Hi SunsetIE, our resident expert on gunsights ( mlespaul) is the font of knowledge here.
                I will send him a PM, thank you very much!

                Comment


                  #9
                  I think, it is unusual.
                  And even though they made many acht acht´s this optic was not used often.

                  I think there is a photo of one, in the eyes of the wehrmacht book, but no explanation.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by MAUSER99 View Post
                    i havent picked up the book eye's of the wehrmacht but it might be in there.
                    Its a book on the 10x80 flakglass..
                    Originally posted by Mikedenmark View Post
                    I think, it is unusual.
                    And even though they made many acht acht´s this optic was not used often.

                    I think there is a photo of one, in the eyes of the wehrmacht book, but no explanation.
                    Just went looking for the book, seems it is no longer being printed! Guess I'll have to find a second hand copy somewhere!

                    Comment


                      #11
                      see :

                      dear,

                      you ll find a lot of info in the book

                      "the eye of the Flak"

                      It was written by a frend of mine, Francis Vermeire, and he have even 2 of them....

                      https://www.10x80.info/ page 153/154/155

                      greets

                      Dr J Coulon

                      Originally posted by sunsetIE View Post
                      My Grandfather brought back this 10x80 monocular, manufactured by CXN - Emil Busch AG in Rathenow from his service in the USAAF during the war. I know it is for a flak 88, judging by the 8,8/18-36-37 engravings on the side. What I do not know, and hope this forum has members who can help, is what function does this ZF serve as it has no reticle in the lense?




                      Comment


                        #12
                        To be fair, it was co written with Dr Peter De Laet, with contributions by various experts throughout the western hemisphere.

                        I can't see any mention of the 10x80 monocular in my copy of Rohan's Eyes of the Wehrmacht book but, in The Eye of the Flak, it's shown to be a fire control / sighting instrument for the 88mm gun when used in the ground, anti tank role.

                        Some are found with reticles but my one (the last known made with the highest known serial) is without one.

                        Despite their tan colour, they were made late war for Western European use and, despite the high number of 88's used, seem to have been made only in small numbers.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Sorry not to quote Dr Peter De Laet. Both Peter and Francis are my best friends and I had the honor to be one of the contributors.
                          Originally posted by sunsetIE View Post
                          My Grandfather brought back this 10x80 monocular, manufactured by CXN - Emil Busch AG in Rathenow from his service in the USAAF during the war. I know it is for a flak 88, judging by the 8,8/18-36-37 engravings on the side. What I do not know, and hope this forum has members who can help, is what function does this ZF serve as it has no reticle in the lense?




                          Comment


                            #14
                            No worries and me too.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by divedoc View Post
                              dear,

                              you ll find a lot of info in the book

                              "the eye of the Flak"

                              It was written by a frend of mine, Francis Vermeire, and he have even 2 of them....

                              https://www.10x80.info/ page 153/154/155

                              greets

                              Dr J Coulon
                              Thank you for the info, any chance you could upload scans or pictures of those pages? I cannot locate a copy in the US and i only see them for well over original price outside the US.

                              Comment

                              Users Viewing this Thread

                              Collapse

                              There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 4,375 at 11:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

                              Working...
                              X