Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Willi Z.
    replied
    This tunic was discussed at the Max by many who posted here. Jim was present and once he handled the tunic, there was no doubt in it being a fake.

Leave a comment:

• RobertE
    replied
    Taken on it's own merits, this looks like a very nice original WWII LW M44 in untouched condition. I like it, for what it's worth.

s/f Robert

Leave a comment:

• John Hodgin
    replied
    Have seen eagles applied before pockets as well, especially late war. Even with the back seam, I still like it.

Leave a comment:

• Willi Z.
    replied
    I would not want either one. Yes, markings are a very valuable clue.

Leave a comment:

• JuanS
    replied
    The first tunic back was constructed using 2 pieces of cloth. The second tunic back has the classic 1 piece construction.
    Very interesting

Juan

Leave a comment:

• Hptm. Fuhrmann
    replied
    Those 2 tunics were either made by the same wartime manufacturer or the same post-war faker. If anyone has some credible arguments as to why those tunics are supposed to be fakes then I'd like to hear them, because I honestly can't find any.

Leave a comment:

• AntiqueWW2
    replied
    And he was right with the High End Fake Opinion. I wrote already that i don't like the Markings at all, and now i bet that they are nothing more then Fake as is the complete Tunic.

Leave a comment:

• Varsity
    replied
    Both tunics are indeed showing the exact same size markings "44 86 96"
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Varsity
    replied
    Originally posted by galizien41 View Post
    In April there was another Luftwaffe m44 tunic up for sale. Had exact same markings and position. It was imo a high quality reproduction. I am not saying this one is or is not original. Just that it shares the exact same markings.

I have the link from back then. Maybe a moderator can resurrect the sales thread?

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru....php?t=1000625

Or I have the photos saved if someone wants to post them as I can not currently post.
    I've received the photos from Galizien41 :
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• AntiqueWW2
    replied
    In the Case of this Tunic it is. To me a nice Try, but still a complete Build. Straight to Campfire with it.....

Originally posted by Hptm. Fuhrmann View Post
    The eagle being sewn before the pocket flap is nothing unusual, here are 2 (Heer) tunics where that has been done >>No. 1<<, >>No. 2<<, and sometimes the eagle was already factory applied even before the lining, so the stitches didn't even show through on the back like on this tunic here >>No. 3<<.

Leave a comment:

• galizien41
    replied
    In April there was another Luftwaffe m44 tunic up for sale. Had exact same markings and position. It was imo a high quality reproduction. I am not saying this one is or is not original. Just that it shares the exact same markings.

I have the link from back then. Maybe a moderator can resurrect the sales thread?

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru....php?t=1000625

Or I have the photos saved if someone wants to post them as I can not currently post.

Leave a comment:

• Hptm. Fuhrmann
    replied
    The eagle being sewn before the pocket flap is nothing unusual, here are 2 (Heer) tunics where that has been done >>No. 1<<, >>No. 2<<, and sometimes the eagle was already factory applied even before the lining, so the stitches didn't even show through on the back like on this tunic here >>No. 3<<.

Leave a comment:

• AntiqueWW2
    replied
    I don't like the hole Construction. As Don wrote correct, Eagle done before the Pocket, Center Seam not what i would want to see, Stamps nonono, and it is so dam good shape, only for that i would not touch it. To me a complete new Build, made from original Material.

Leave a comment:

• DonC
    replied
    It looks to me like the eagle was sewn on before the pocket - I have never seen that before.

Don

Leave a comment:

• Hptm. Fuhrmann
    replied
    Material-wise the tunic checks out. It's made of proper late war wool, features rayon lining in multiple Luftwaffe'ish colors, it's got bias tape in the waistband and the buttonholes and buttons are all fine. The cut of the tunic is also alright, the only strange thing is the 4-piece construction of the torso. I've seen M44 tunics (not LW ones but generally) that were either made from a single piece, from 2 pieces with a seam in the back or from 3 pieces with a seam under each armpit, but I can't remember ever seeing one made of 4 pieces. But I also can't imagine why this couldn't have been a possibility, if they were able to prevent unneccesary scraps, they might as well could have partitioned it, those pieces are sewn together in a matter of seconds anyway.
    With all this in mind, I tend to the tunic being good.

Leave a comment:

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
X