Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luftwaffe M44 Tunic

Hello,

I would like to get some opinions on this Luftwaffe M44 tunic.

It's nicely made however I've some concerns. I've not seen this type of lining before in an original tunic, also I've not seen a Luftwaffe M44 tunic with two panels on the back.

I found one tunic in an old thread showing similar construction details in the lining/innerpouch, buttons etc. However not a two-panel back:
    http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ght=M44&page=2

I would value some opinions on this tunic.

Thank you,
    Jim
    I am looking for photos/documents related to
    - II./SS-Panzer-Regiment 5
    - SS-Frw.-Panzer-Grenadier-Regiment 48 'General Seyffardt'

http://www.militariaplaza.nl

sigpic

Photos
    Attached Files

sigpic

Comment

More photos
      Attached Files

sigpic

Comment

last photos
        Attached Files

sigpic

Comment

Although others I have seen have had no seam at the back, there are Heer M-44s that were made with a seam as well. The lining appears to be typical Luftwaffe and the markings make sense. I am leaning in favor of this jacket being genuine.

Comment

I didn't know too much the m44 tunics, but after having studied the other threads, I would tend to say ok as OSS does.

Comment

Agree,looks original to me as well.

Glenn
              "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Not for my collection...

Radek

Comment

The Luftwaffe certainly had their own uniform designs, but is the center seam acceptable?
                  If it was a Heer M44 tunic, I would be very skeptical.
                  Todd
                  Seeking photographs of Joachim Tiesler, DKiG Stalingrad, 3rd I.D. (mot.) and Clemens Freiherr von Fürstenberg, DKiG 7th Panzer Division.

Comment

Not for me
                    WWW.EDELWEISS-ANTIQUES.COM

Specialized in Uniforms, Mountain Troops and Heeresbergfuhrer

Comment

At first I thought I liked it, but I now join the naysayers. The rear seam, as well as some other features, give me pause..... wouldn't want it.
                      Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Material-wise the tunic checks out. It's made of proper late war wool, features rayon lining in multiple Luftwaffe'ish colors, it's got bias tape in the waistband and the buttonholes and buttons are all fine. The cut of the tunic is also alright, the only strange thing is the 4-piece construction of the torso. I've seen M44 tunics (not LW ones but generally) that were either made from a single piece, from 2 pieces with a seam in the back or from 3 pieces with a seam under each armpit, but I can't remember ever seeing one made of 4 pieces. But I also can't imagine why this couldn't have been a possibility, if they were able to prevent unneccesary scraps, they might as well could have partitioned it, those pieces are sewn together in a matter of seconds anyway.
                        With all this in mind, I tend to the tunic being good.

Comment

It looks to me like the eagle was sewn on before the pocket - I have never seen that before.

Don
                          "Der Führer vasn't a mousy little momma's boy - Der Führer vas Butch!" - Will Ferrell in The Producers

Comment

I don't like the hole Construction. As Don wrote correct, Eagle done before the Pocket, Center Seam not what i would want to see, Stamps nonono, and it is so dam good shape, only for that i would not touch it. To me a complete new Build, made from original Material.
                            WWW.EDELWEISS-ANTIQUES.COM

Specialized in Uniforms, Mountain Troops and Heeresbergfuhrer

Comment

The eagle being sewn before the pocket flap is nothing unusual, here are 2 (Heer) tunics where that has been done >>No. 1<<, >>No. 2<<, and sometimes the eagle was already factory applied even before the lining, so the stitches didn't even show through on the back like on this tunic here >>No. 3<<.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                              X