X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really great job Jos

Comment

Originally posted by Jos L C View Post
      I've noticed that the lines in the fabric line up exactly with the fabric of the eagle, nicely done ..

Here's a bit of a reconstruction, just for fun..

Jos
      Hi, well done. Here is a closeup you provided years ago of a White from a portrait photo. One can see the more left position of the swastika with similar spacing to its right.
      Attached Files

Comment

Found a better pic to compare .., even the knick is the same , scary ..

They've a somewhat unique claw compared to other breast eagles..

Jos.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Jos L C View Post
          I've noticed that the lines in the fabric line up exactly with the fabric of the eagle, nicely done ..

Jos
          Somebody had the good idea of using the jacket surplus scraps during its making, for the eagle's backing; so less waste of fabric.
          This leads to the fact that Karl Heisler, also made this particular insignia

Regards
          Fran
          No hay rincón en el mundo sin una tumba de un Soldado Español

Comment

I've noticed more than once that some of these particular jackets aren't white, but a different color, I'd say grey, maybe not, I don't know actually..
            So, maybe there was also a Great Grey.., who knows ..?

Jos
            Attached Files

Comment

Another guy of the group..
              Attached Files

Comment

Interesting His
                I notived the eagles backing appears to be the same colour as the jacket. Similar to the white jackets and eagles.
                Cheers
                Wayne
                Looking for a Defence of the Reich (Reichsverteidigungs) Leather jacket. and trousers, seperately or together

Comment

Also the colour of the trousers Are a good match also
                  Cheers
                  Looking for a Defence of the Reich (Reichsverteidigungs) Leather jacket. and trousers, seperately or together

Comment

I assume this is the same guy recieving the RK.
                    It also appears the gentlemam behind him has the same type of jacket and a white/cream/light brown sleeve button.
                    Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by wayne gosley View Post
                      Interesting His
                      I notived the eagles backing appears to be the same colour as the jacket. Similar to the white jackets and eagles.
                      Interesting observation, so we can assume that the eagle for these jacket was made each on the properly backing, of the same shade of the jacket they was made for.
                      Only the Germans of the WWII could have dedicated themselves to such useless (but beautiful) work!

Comment

Even the thread to form the eagle seems to be the same colour as the backing material and jacket? It looks to be totally subdued.
                        Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by wayne gosley View Post
                          Even the thread to form the eagle seems to be the same colour as the backing material and jacket? It looks to be totally subdued.
                          Cheers
                          A couple of triangle white- backed eagles, backing same clothes as garment material. 1 bright and 1 subdued eagle
                          Attached Files
                          Photos/images copyright © HVB Collection (unless otherwise accredited)
                          Looking for an original Luft pilot's 'Sichtfahne' or yellow silk signal flag (not the pole) for air-sea rescue.

Comment

Luftwaffe Anorak eagle
                            Attached Files
                            WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Perhaps another couple of greys? or just blue?, the backing material on the eagles blend well with the material of the jackets. The source says 12.7.1941
                              Any idea what the silver thing at Prillers waist.
                              Cheers
                              Wayne
                              Attached Files

Comment

Hello, based on the one pic it has a good chance of being the even more rare example that seems to be a pullover. The two on the left appear to be pullovers.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                                X