EpicArtifacts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Luftwaffe grenade bags

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Luftwaffe grenade bags

    hello gentlemen,

    I have been surching for grenade bags in wear with FJ or FD troops but without much result. Maybe somebody has a picture of such grenade bags in wear and is prepared to share it here??!

    #2
    "FJ" stick grenades bag,

    Unfortunately not my own, but here out of a well known book an even more know picture, Heeres fallschirmjäger with “FJ” stick grenades bag.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Ostfries; 05-21-2008, 01:06 PM.

    Comment


      #3
      picture,

      Here another well know picture from a book, sturmpioniere with stick grenade bag, would love to see some period pictures out of private collections with these “FJ” stick grenade bags in use?, thanks in advance.
      Attached Files

      Comment


        #4
        Got to say it....they are not FJ Stick Grenade bags....just special M24 Stickgrenade bags issued by the Army or Luftwaffe.

        Comment


          #5
          punctuation marks,

          Originally posted by W Petz View Post
          Got to say it....they are not FJ Stick Grenade bags....just special M24 Stickgrenade bags issued by the Army or Luftwaffe.
          You are right but pleas read punctuation marks, that’s why I added “ to the word FJ because people are inclined to call it FJ grenade bags. Any period pictures in your great collection regarding this subject that you are willing to share Bill?.

          Comment


            #6
            I might have some amongst my collection. I will take a look when I have a chance. I know what you mean about people labeling items as FJ....such as the one pocket LW Tropical trousers....that one always provokes a response from me. Bill


            Originally posted by Ostfries View Post
            You are right but pleas read punctuation marks, that’s why I added “ to the word FJ because people are inclined to call it FJ grenade bags. Any period pictures in your great collection regarding this subject that you are willing to share Bill?.

            Comment


              #7
              And gravity knifes!!

              They were called "Flieger Kappmesser" for a reason!!

              Comment


                #8
                RiRi zippers,

                Originally posted by W Petz View Post
                I might have some amongst my collection. I will take a look when I have a chance. I know what you mean about people labeling items as FJ....such as the one pocket LW Tropical trousers....that one always provokes a response from me. Bill
                Thanks for replying on this matter Bill, you are right, they where just Wehrmacht issued although my opinion is that the ones with the plastic RiRi zippers are indeed Luftwaffe issued hand grenade bags.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by W Petz View Post
                  Got to say it....they are not FJ Stick Grenade bags....just special M24 Stickgrenade bags issued by the Army or Luftwaffe.
                  Exactly, these are not even specifically Luftwaffe. And so, this thread is better in the equipment section.
                  Esse Quam Videri

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Ostfries View Post
                    you are right, they where just Wehrmacht issued although my opinion is that the ones with the plastic RiRi zippers are indeed Luftwaffe issued hand grenade bags.
                    That is what I thought also Meindert! Are we wrong here
                    John????

                    Were these bags not firstly developed for the Luftwaffe?

                    Thanks for the replies!

                    Comment


                      #11
                      period pictures,

                      Originally posted by monte cassino View Post
                      That is what I thought also Meindert! Are we wrong here
                      John????

                      Were these bags not firstly developed for the Luftwaffe?

                      Thanks for the replies!
                      I agree Ruben, in my opinion these hand grenade bags where developed for the Luftwaffe but saw use by Heer units too. In that way I, just like you, would like to see some period pictures regarding the use of these bags by Fallschirmjäger or Feld Division troops, thanks in advance.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by Ostfries View Post
                        I, just like you, would like to see some period pictures regarding the use of these bags by Fallschirmjäger or Feld Division troops, thanks in advance.
                        Thanks for repeating the original question and maybe getting this threat back on track the way it was mented origionally! Thanks for all the input!Really appreciate it! Would really like to see some pictures!!

                        Comment

                        Users Viewing this Thread

                        Collapse

                        There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

                        Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

                        Working...
                        X