X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• monte cassino
    replied
    Originally posted by Ostfries View Post
    I, just like you, would like to see some period pictures regarding the use of these bags by Fallschirmjäger or Feld Division troops, thanks in advance.
    Thanks for repeating the original question and maybe getting this threat back on track the way it was mented origionally! Thanks for all the input!Really appreciate it! Would really like to see some pictures!!

Leave a comment:

• Ostfries
    replied
    period pictures,

Originally posted by monte cassino View Post
    That is what I thought also Meindert! Are we wrong here
    John????

Were these bags not firstly developed for the Luftwaffe?

Thanks for the replies!
    I agree Ruben, in my opinion these hand grenade bags where developed for the Luftwaffe but saw use by Heer units too. In that way I, just like you, would like to see some period pictures regarding the use of these bags by Fallschirmjäger or Feld Division troops, thanks in advance.

Leave a comment:

• monte cassino
    replied
    you are right, they where just Wehrmacht issued although my opinion is that the ones with the plastic RiRi zippers are indeed Luftwaffe issued hand grenade bags.
    That is what I thought also Meindert! Are we wrong here
    John????

Were these bags not firstly developed for the Luftwaffe?

Thanks for the replies!

Leave a comment:

• John Hodgin
    replied
    Originally posted by W Petz View Post
    Got to say it....they are not FJ Stick Grenade bags....just special M24 Stickgrenade bags issued by the Army or Luftwaffe.
    Exactly, these are not even specifically Luftwaffe. And so, this thread is better in the equipment section.

Leave a comment:

• Ostfries
    replied
    RiRi zippers,

I might have some amongst my collection. I will take a look when I have a chance. I know what you mean about people labeling items as FJ....such as the one pocket LW Tropical trousers....that one always provokes a response from me. Bill
    Thanks for replying on this matter Bill, you are right, they where just Wehrmacht issued although my opinion is that the ones with the plastic RiRi zippers are indeed Luftwaffe issued hand grenade bags.

Leave a comment:

• David Fettes
    replied
    And gravity knifes!!

They were called "Flieger Kappmesser" for a reason!!

Leave a comment:

• W Petz
    replied
    I might have some amongst my collection. I will take a look when I have a chance. I know what you mean about people labeling items as FJ....such as the one pocket LW Tropical trousers....that one always provokes a response from me. Bill

You are right but pleas read punctuation marks, that’s why I added “ to the word FJ because people are inclined to call it FJ grenade bags. Any period pictures in your great collection regarding this subject that you are willing to share Bill?.

Leave a comment:

• Ostfries
    replied
    punctuation marks,

Got to say it....they are not FJ Stick Grenade bags....just special M24 Stickgrenade bags issued by the Army or Luftwaffe.
    You are right but pleas read punctuation marks, that’s why I added “ to the word FJ because people are inclined to call it FJ grenade bags. Any period pictures in your great collection regarding this subject that you are willing to share Bill?.

Leave a comment:

• W Petz
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Ostfries
    replied
    picture,

Here another well know picture from a book, sturmpioniere with stick grenade bag, would love to see some period pictures out of private collections with these “FJ” stick grenade bags in use?, thanks in advance.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Ostfries
    replied
    "FJ" stick grenades bag,

Unfortunately not my own, but here out of a well known book an even more know picture, Heeres fallschirmjäger with “FJ” stick grenades bag.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Ostfries; 05-21-2008, 01:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• monte cassino
    started a topic Luftwaffe grenade bags

Luftwaffe grenade bags

hello gentlemen,

I have been surching for grenade bags in wear with FJ or FD troops but without much result. Maybe somebody has a picture of such grenade bags in wear and is prepared to share it here??!

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
X