Luft Medical Pouches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luft Medical Pouches

I recently have come across a matched pr. of Luft Medical Pouches. They are mint and complete with all items in them.
    What would be a realistic vaule for the pair??

Thank You
    Odell

Odell,

What makes them Luftwaffe? Are they LBA marked? If so I'd love to see pics!

Gene
    WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Luft Pouches

Hi Gene

There is a code on the back of each of them and I believe they are dated 1943.
      They are brown in color,so I figured they were Luft. I had a black set years ago that was army.
      Still looking for value

Regards
      Odell

Comment

Hi Odell

As far as I know black pouches were never Heer (Army), they were issued mainly to DRK (deutsches Rotes Kreuz) personal.
        Brown pouches were used strictly by military personal (all branches) and Luftschutz (side-note: Luftschutz pouches were larger and had a different contents/label), also SA used brown pouches, but my knowledge is very limited there...

But never say never, IMO black (DRK) pouches were used in the field as well probably. I even saw brown WH pouches which were period blackened (sp?).

Would love to see some pictures as well. I'm not aware of any specific LW first-aid pouches.

Cheers

Jan
        Last edited by Jan Beazaer; 04-07-2006, 04:24 PM.
        'Arzt und Soldat'

Comment

Luft Medical Pouches

Jan

Thank you for reply. I,ve learned something today. Any idea what they might be worth??

Regards
          Odell

Comment

Hi Odell

Are they Sanitäter (marked 'S') pouches or Krankenträger ones(marked 'K'). The contents for a Krankenträger is less as for a Sanitäter.

If they have the correct and complete contents as described on the labels inside and if they are, as you state, in mint condition and even matching (dop, maker,...), that's a valuable set that can reach a decent amount!

Don't take this the wrong way, but I hate to put an exact price on it as at the end it all depends on what the future buyer is willing to pay. But in general, prices for empty first-aid pouches are around 50 $, even not so minty ones...

Cheers

Jan
            'Arzt und Soldat'

Comment

Jan

Thanks for reply. These things are on an auction tomorrow,so I was trying to get an idea of value.
              They are brand new condition with contents in each one. No lable in lid .
              Well I will try and snag them tomorrow. Thanks everone for help.

Regards
              Odell

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
              X