EpicArtifacts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Me Your 88 Rounds!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Dufleuve View Post
    Very nice Flak 41. I have a brass case, but no round yet for it. Is the round on your flak41 with a dovetailed base ?
    I don't know - I haven't tried to remove either of the heads as they seem well and truly in there.

    Comment


      Hello folks,
      Here is my Flak 88 corner.
      Cheers DSCF0197.JPG

      Comment


        Originally posted by EricS View Post
        An old thread I know, but it's a chance to show my new 88s - on the left is a Flak 18 with a steel case and on the right a Flak 41 with a brass case. Both heads are almost identical - marked bsw U 13 Sk 6 44 Pr Zugz, with the Flak 41 markings being also stencilled as well as stamped into the steel. The base of the Flak 18 is marked 8.8cm Flak 18 42 8.8cm 30 St; the base of the Flak 41 is marked 8.8 Flak 41 asb 44. Both Zeitz√ľnder fuses are identical and are marked Zt.Z.S./30 hhj 1942. There are no primers but I'm shortly taking delivery of a C/12 and a C/22 primer.
        EricS - I think you have the wrong type of grenade in the FlaK.41 cartridge case........

        Gvb.jpg

        Comment


          So do I. I have the standard Flak explosive shell in my Flak 41 case.
          The Flak 41 shells are quite rare.

          Comment


            Originally posted by klarkon View Post

            EricS - I think you have the wrong type of grenade in the FlaK.41 cartridge case........
            Many thanks for the tip and the diagram Klarkon - the grenades came with the cartridge cases when I bought them so I had no choice in the matter. I haven't attempted to forcibly separate either of them because they seem to be really stuck in the cases. The grenade on the Flak 41 case seems similar enough to the image you posted except for the stencilling? But they are in good condition and they look great so I'm happy to leave them alone.

            Comment


              Originally posted by EricS View Post

              Many thanks for the tip and the diagram Klarkon - the grenades came with the cartridge cases when I bought them so I had no choice in the matter. I haven't attempted to forcibly separate either of them because they seem to be really stuck in the cases. The grenade on the Flak 41 case seems similar enough to the image you posted except for the stencilling? But they are in good condition and they look great so I'm happy to leave them alone.
              That was just a note to clarify, the both rounds are nice, don't do anything with them.

              Comment


                EricS, main difference is the Flak 41 shell base is streamlined.
                I would not touch yours either; they are so much better than mine with original paint, no pitting, ...

                Comment


                  Originally posted by klarkon View Post

                  That was just a note to clarify, the both rounds are nice, don't do anything with them.
                  Understood - thanks :-)

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Dufleuve View Post
                    EricS, main difference is the Flak 41 shell base is streamlined.
                    I would not touch yours either; they are so much better than mine with original paint, no pitting, ...
                    I was lucky to find them in such good condition. Difficult to find good ones nowadays!

                    Comment


                      Here are mine...
                      Attached Files

                      Comment

                      Users Viewing this Thread

                      Collapse

                      There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

                      Most users ever online was 4,375 at 11:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

                      Working...
                      X