Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

different WH igniting cords

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    different WH igniting cords

    Here some different igniting Cords. A box full of Cords was found, different types and Colours. Need soem help here.

    White....normal black powder cord or else?
    Brown...same as above? Else?
    Green....it is Kanllzündschnur.

    I have not seen These differences before, hence my Questions.

    Thanks!
    Attached Files

    #2
    Interesting topic Martin. I did not realize there were different types. It will be interesting to see what our members say. klarkon...

    Is it brown, or black?
    My Meager Collection: http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=464072

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by WWIIBuff View Post
      Interesting topic Martin. I did not realize there were different types. It will be interesting to see what our members say. klarkon...

      Is it brown, or black?
      Hi! Brown it is. White…..have not seen that one before…..

      Comment


        #4
        green is the high explosive detonation cord filled with PETN, the brown is the normal time delay cord.....white should be the pyrotechnics cord filled with black powder
        looking for a FJ medic bag

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by oberjaeger View Post
          green is the high explosive detonation cord filled with PETN, the brown is the normal time delay cord.....white should be the pyrotechnics cord filled with black powder



          Thanks for that info Jens! It sounds like storing two of these cord types could be dangerous.



          So the Green cords with PETN must have been designed to explode as well, probably to be used for something like attaching multiple demolition charges to each other?


          What is an example of how the white would be used?


          Brown would have been used for attaching a fuze like an ANZ, correct?
          My Meager Collection: http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=464072

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by WWIIBuff View Post
            Interesting topic Martin. I did not realize there were different types. It will be interesting to see what our members say. klarkon...

            Is it brown, or black?

            I have to disappoint you, I don't know anything about this

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by klarkon View Post
              I have to disappoint you, I don't know anything about this
              That is a first…...quite disappointing !

              ;-)

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by klarkon View Post
                I have to disappoint you, I don't know anything about this
                Now that's a surprise.

                But this forum is a team effort, and fortunately Jens came through with some information. I am just curious about how the Green and White cords would have been used as opposed to the brown that was used with the ANZ.
                My Meager Collection: http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=464072

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by WWIIBuff View Post
                  Now that's a surprise.

                  But this forum is a team effort, and fortunately Jens came through with some information. I am just curious about how the Green and White cords would have been used as opposed to the brown that was used with the ANZ.

                  The former Czechoslovak People's Army took over a large part of the Wehrmacht marking system.............
                  Brown was standart time safety fuse (1cm / 1sec.)
                  White could be long time safety fuse (0,3cm / 1sec.)
                  Green was Primacord ( detonating cord 7000m / 1sec.)

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by klarkon View Post
                    The former Czechoslovak People's Army took over a large part of the Wehrmacht marking system.............
                    Brown was standart time safety fuse (1cm / 1sec.)
                    White could be long time safety fuse (0,3cm / 1sec.)
                    Green was Primacord ( detonating cord 7000m / 1sec.)
                    Hi, I think that is exactly it, thanks!

                    I knew we get something here ;-)

                    Thanks, as Always!

                    Comment


                      #11
                      every time the best source for detailed informations, thanks Klarkon
                      looking for a FJ medic bag

                      Comment


                        #12
                        With a few turns of detonating rope I saw cut trees (not oaks ).

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Gil - Waste of material..................
                          You need one turn of detonating cord per cm in diameter of tree, moreover, it is necessary to turn it into a pyramid shape...........and it only works up to 30 cm in diameter of tree.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by klarkon View Post
                            The former Czechoslovak People's Army took over a large part of the Wehrmacht marking system.............
                            Brown was standart time safety fuse (1cm / 1sec.)
                            White could be long time safety fuse (0,3cm / 1sec.)
                            Green was Primacord ( detonating cord 7000m / 1sec.)

                            Thanks again klarkon!

                            I watched a couple YouTube videos yesterday on Primacord and other det cords, so now I understand how each works. I guess how each one was actually used during the war would have depended on the situation and desired result.
                            My Meager Collection: http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=464072

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Working with detonating cord when breaking a tree...................

                              Before...........


                              Now !!!


                              After..............



                              So it's me at work... and sometimes joking somewhere in the desert..................

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X