French uniform makers under German occupation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

French uniform makers under German occupation

Anyone know if any ramifications to the French makers of German uniform items
    after the Liberatioin in 1944. I can understand no choice in the matter if your picked to make German hats when your occupied by Germans. Most items are of maker in Paris.

Originally posted by nd164th View Post
    Anyone know if any ramifications to the French makers of German uniform items
    after the Liberatioin in 1944. I can understand no choice in the matter if your picked to make German hats when your occupied by Germans. Most items are of maker in Paris.
    You mean if the manufacturers still exist after the Liberation in 1944 ?
    Yes !
    Most of them still produced after 44 for the french Army or the civilian market .
    Nick

Comment

Originally posted by GAMS1 View Post
      You mean if the manufacturers still exist after the Liberation in 1944 ?
      Quite interesting thing, maybe only on western area of France, still uder german occupation, till liberating by Allies.

Too be true most clothes items I saw here was from Paris. Would be interesting to see clothes manufacturers from western France, close to border with Germany

Comment

Originally posted by Ohlau View Post
        Quite interesting thing, maybe only on western area of France, still uder german occupation, till liberating by Allies.

Too be true most clothes items I saw here was from Paris. Would be interesting to see clothes manufacturers from western France, close to border with Germany
        Ohlau,
        You probably mean from eastern France ?!!

Comment

Maybe he means one of the "festung" (fortress) cities, bi-passed by the allies along the coast...(and UK islands off the French coast)
          Dunkirk, St Nazaire, La Rochelle, Lorient etc... which surrendered in 1945...

Comment

Could be... But then it's not really "close to border with Germany"

Comment

Sorry fellows my mistake, eastern France of course.

Any known cloth makers from Metz, Alsace ? or in Vosges ?

Uniform makers in cutted garrisons is also interesting thing

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
              X