U Boat Kriegsmarine Mirror

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

U Boat Kriegsmarine Mirror

This mirror comes from a estate. He comes from a U boat of the german Kriegsmarine.

The mirror comes from Bremen germany and comes from a Grandfather the Stabsobermaschinist on a U boat was.

The signs on the mirror are not contemporary and were subsequently attached to the mirror which most likely was a reminder.

On the one sign stands behind OF Messe. So most likely from the Offiziersmesse of the U Boat.

The color of the frame is already quite yellowed, but is gray seen from close up. The mirror surface itself is glued on like a kind of mirror foil behind rather thick glass.

Unfortunately, there is no further information about the piece. And I have only the last name Jansen and the rank.

Is there anything else to find out? Or does anyone know something about the mirror?

He is pretty tough and heavy. Smooth 4.5 kilos. I can only imagine that he was specially designed for a submarine so robust. Also by the pressure inside the U boat or similar.

But maybe someone knows something more about it.
    Attached Files

[QUOTE=Waralda79;8508323]This mirror comes from a estate. He comes from a U boat of the german Kriegsmarine.

The mirror comes from Bremen germany and comes from a Grandfather the Stabsobermaschinist on a U boat was.

The signs on the mirror are not contemporary and were subsequently attached to the mirror which most likely was a reminder.

On the one sign stands behind OF Messe. So most likely from the Offiziersmesse of the U Boat.

The color of the frame is already quite yellowed, but is gray seen from close up. The mirror surface itself is glued on like a kind of mirror foil behind rather thick glass.

Unfortunately, there is no further information about the piece. And I have only the last name Jansen and the rank.

Is there anything else to find out? Or does anyone know something about the mirror?

He is pretty tough and heavy. Smooth 4.5 kilos. I can only imagine that he was specially designed for a U boat so robust. Also by the pressure inside the U boat or similar.

But maybe someone knows something more about it.

Comment

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
      X