Coastal collar tab pip?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coastal collar tab pip?

Does anyone know what the pip on the collar tab represents? I don't recall seeing this before...
    Sorry about the dodgy screenshot from ebay..
    Martin
    Attached Files

Hi Martin, never seen this before, and never have read something about this insignia combination
    Collector of Kriegsmarine and Küstenartillerie items

Regards
    Eduardo

Collecting Kriegsmarine !!!: http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=725610

sigpic "Deutsche Kriegsmarine"

Comment

Could it be some kind of temporary rank? Perhaps a field rank.
      Regards

Jens

Comment

In the absence of any regulation that would have explained this, my guess would be some special function, role or responsibility, probably invented at a local/ unit level and definitely not common practice.
        If anyone has other photos of this practice or a tunic displaying signs of a pip having been applied in that place, I'd be keen to see that posted..
        Martin

Comment

Mayte it has any conection with the pin he is wearing, which I don’t remember for what was used
          Attached Files
          Collector of Kriegsmarine and Küstenartillerie items

Regards
          Eduardo

Collecting Kriegsmarine !!!: http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=725610

sigpic "Deutsche Kriegsmarine"

Comment

It's a Wehrmacht Gefolge (armed forces assistance personnel) badge. AFAIK, Wehrmacht Gefolgen had no hierarchy thus no rank insignia.
            Navy Yard Fire Brigades and Navy Yard Police had pips denoting senior NCO rank, but regulations mandated quite a different uniform with different collar patches.
            Maybe it's an improvised outfit, very interesting nonetheless.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
            X