Hi,

I need your opinions about this KM cap.
    All opinions welcome!
    Attached Files
    I always looking HUNGARIAN items!

Attached Files

Comment

Well, I'll state my observations. First, Eagle, cockade and "kriegsmarine" Mützenband (tally) are genuine. But I believe the rest of the hat, the black top as well as the bottom support to be non period. The top hat seems artificially aged with the interior almost mint/pristine condition. This is a red flag for me. Also, with these tellermütze hats, I have never come across a period one where the inner liner is grey. These are my observations. I believe this is good insignia put on a non-period Tellermütze.

This is my observations. Since there was no responses to this thread/post, I felt that I could take a crack and offer my observations.

Best Regards,
      JustinG

Comment

Thanks Justin!!!
        I think the same but i realy want to hear another opinion!!!

You helped me a lot!!!

Originally posted by JustinG View Post
        Well, I'll state my observations. First, Eagle, cockade and "kriegsmarine" Mützenband (tally) are genuine. But I believe the rest of the hat, the black top as well as the bottom support to be non period. The top hat seems artificially aged with the interior almost mint/pristine condition. This is a red flag for me. Also, with these tellermütze hats, I have never come across a period one where the inner liner is grey. These are my observations. I believe this is good insignia put on a non-period Tellermütze.

This is my observations. Since there was no responses to this thread/post, I felt that I could take a crack and offer my observations.

Best Regards,
        JustinG

Comment

I have to agree with Justin. The Tellers with detachable top usually come with a black liner. Don't like the frame much either, seems postwar to me.
          There's many, many variations in these from many different navy's across the world and from all periods. Very easy to 'upgrade' with genuine insignia.
          Martin

Comment

What's the material used for the inner reinforcement band ?
            I already had grey leathers on period Tellermütze ...
            The top seems to be a bit too big for the base ?
            As it's detachable , it could have been changed in the last 74 years !
            The top is a period original with a nice Logo .
            Nick

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
            X