Rare WW2 Kriegsmarine IWC observer watch with luminous dial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rare WW2 Kriegsmarine IWC observer watch with luminous dial

Before I am going to sell this very rare observer watch made by IWC (Schaffhausen, Switzerland) for the German Kriegsmarine in WW2 it is shown here first. As many of you maybe know already IWC made three different versions of these amazing military pocket watches used by the German naval forces in WW2. This sought after version was made in the 1940s and has a luminous dial glowing in the dark. Lots of these rare watches with the famous calibre 67 with 15 jewels, a compensation-balance with Breguet balance-spring and precision adjustment have been also used on u-boats. This special dial with zinc sulfide can easily be read in total darkness. On the back the huge original Kriegsmarine eagle, the "M" for "Marine" (navy), the navy number "8749" and "II. Kl." for "zweite Klasse" (2nd class).

Regards, Florian

Here is the next one...

Regards, Florian

Comment

Very nice indeed!
      Love the dial, I have a standard Wehrmacht pocket watch and I used to have a nice case for marked for artillery but sold it years ago.

Kind regards Chay
      Interested in collecting historical objects in a gentlemanly fashion
      100% Christian :)))
      [email protected]

Comment

Florian, what nice watches, very rare and interesting
        Collector of Kriegsmarine and K├╝stenartillerie items

Regards
        Eduardo

Collecting Kriegsmarine !!!: http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=725610

sigpic "Deutsche Kriegsmarine"

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
        X