Kriegsmarine Clock Eagle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gentlemen.

With the War and Peace Revival about to start in the UK, now is a good time to remind you of the dangers of buying Kriegsmarine and Kaiserliche Marine Clocks on sale there and indeed at Ardingly and Newark.

The UK’s most active faker of these clocks will be there as usual displaying a number of clocks which will enable you to recognise him.

He sells clocks which range from fake dials on de-nazified clocks, to clocks which are complete fakes, including the cases. These are well executed fakes designed to deceive and defraud.

All numbers should match the serial number on the back of the case, including the movement. If someone tells you the movements get changed, he’s not telling you the truth

Know your eagles, here is one of his fakes and this thread contains excellent images of the correct ones so read it carefully.

Never pay cash. If he won’t take a card, give you his contact details, tells you he doesn’t have a land line telephone or a computer and speaks with a strong Scottish accent, walk away.

If you do decide to buy a clock at the show, buy it from a dealer you know or one who will take a card so you have some security. Even other dealers at the show may have been taken in by his clocks which also appear on eBay and other websites.

Tell your friends!
    Attached Files

Comment

btt

Comment

Not very convincing thankfully

Comment

Hi,
          I have this KM clock from many years. It has been found in La Spesia (Italy). It has a lot of original black color, but the dial has only the eagle and no further number.
          What do you think about? Why it has not the further number on the right of dial? Is it a fake?
          Thanks

Thanks in advanced
          Partisan

Comment

No fake. Original. Zinc dial with an eagle of the third generation. All hands original too (but painted). Many of them have no number/N on the right - probably used in KM administration headquarters on land. I will mention this in my book.

Regards, Florian

Comment

Thoughts on this one appreciated
              Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Last
                          Attached Files

Comment

Thank you very much afx20000!
                            Can I know the title of your book?

partisan

PS: compliment nsef1940, wonderful clock!!

Comment

Thanks, I was paranoid re the eagle and connections to Ulrich of England...

Comment

Originally posted by nzef1940 View Post
                                Thanks, I was paranoid re the eagle and connections to Ulrich of England...
                                Worth being concerned about.........Ulrich has sold his share of fake clocks.

Your second hand is not consistent with known examples in my collection, but Florian may see it differently.

Bob

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                                X