X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Marine HJ View Post
    Anything special here?

IMG_20210114_134702.jpg
    What puzzles me here, is the spelling. Isn't it ERICH STEINBRINCK?

Comment

What about "Flottentender Gazelle", anyone around?
      Collector of Kriegsmarine and Küstenartillerie items

Regards
      Eduardo

Collecting Kriegsmarine !!!: http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=725610

sigpic "Deutsche Kriegsmarine"

Comment

Originally posted by Gensui View Post

What puzzles me here, is the spelling. Isn't it ERICH STEINBRINCK?
        Yes, the c is missing.
        Best Regards,
        Frank

Comment

Some random tallies which might be interesting for some to see. As you can see I'm specialized in cotton (Kunstseide) tallies.

IMG_20210114_134422.jpg
          Nice tallies Dani The Schleswig=Holstein looks like cotton to me. Did they still make cotton tallies for that old ship?

Best Regards,
          Frank

Comment

Originally posted by Gensui View Post

So this means, each Wehrkreis had probably their own Wehrersatz-Inspektion?
            A great and rare tally; I know only one tally in a collection (beside W.E. Inspektion Dortmund and -Koblenz and München)

BR, Chris
            Yes, Chris. This is correct: each Wehrkreis had their own W.E. (at least one but mostprobably more than that) - so there were quite a number.

I have another one: Magdeburg. And all of the ones I know of are made from Cotton thread (Kunstseide) - I do not know a single one with Metall thread.

Also, I have seen "W.E. Inspektion Regensburg".

Comment

Originally posted by Frank K View Post

Yes, the c is missing.
              Correct, the correct spelling would be "Steinbrinck". What is surprising: if you watch the market closely, you will find actually the misspelled "Steinbrink" often. Mr Winkler (House of History ex Nordheideversand) seems to have a bunch.

Comment

I’m afraid of spamming this wonderful threat, but I have difficulties to understand one translation:

You described cotton thread and translate it as Kunstseide. As I’m not a native speaker, I’m just wondering about: cotton thread = Baumwollfaden, while Kunstseide = artificial silk seems more logical to me.

Maybe some native speaker can gives any comments? For avoiding any spamming, answer via private message is fine, too!

Sorry for this off-topic question.
                BR, Chris

Comment

Correct, the correct spelling would be "Steinbrinck". What is surprising: if you watch the market closely, you will find actually the misspelled "Steinbrink" often. Mr Winkler (House of History ex Nordheideversand) seems to have a bunch.
                  Nowadays, we call it "Hortfund"

Comment

Originally posted by km-spain View Post
                    What about "Flottentender Gazelle", anyone around?
                    Gazelle, as written in Gröner Vol 4, page 38/39, was renamed from 'Hela' on 30th of Dec 1938 and therefore had a named tally.

Comment

Chris, the cotton thread tallies are commonly known as 'Baumwollfaden' and therefore I call them as such. However, the correct name (and called by the only two real experts I know (Mr Bodeux and Mr Wedeking)) is 'Kunstseide'.
                      A bit misleading by me - sorry.

Comment

The quiz goes on: which one is the rarest of these, in your opinion?

IMG_20210115_120851.jpg

Comment

I am not sure, if exists, but would guess, an ARTILELRIESCHULBOOT LUDWIG PREUSSER would be rare as hell.

Or the ARTILLERIESCHULBOOT HAY, which was rejected in October 1932.

BR, Chris

Comment

Chris, once again many thanks for your participation. Well, it's not Hay... although I have to admit that the short service time in conjunction with the introduction date of the KM style tally makes it also sort of rare. However, it had over 50 crew. The one I have in mind had a crew less than 10 and only 1/8th of Hay's displacement... and was also only in service just over 4 years.
                            Ludwig Preusser is an interesting topic and I actually had to read up on it. Would be a good candidate for the one I'm looking for but has not really been listed, according to Gröner, as Arischulboot. Commissioned in Jan 39 it was a fast tug for the KM-shipyard Kiel. It was only some time in the 40's when it was assigned to the Flak-school Swinemünde where it was possibly used as Schulboot... I'm open for education if I'm wrong with this post.

Comment

Well Dani, From your description it seems like the "Reiher"is the answer. Very interesting.

JustinG
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JustinG View Post
                                Well Dani, From your description it seems like the "Reiher"is the answer. Very interesting.

JustinG
                                I would doubt this, as the REIHER was under Belgium flag until 1940/1941, althought the technical details would fit (small unit with regards to crew member and to replacement of ship).
                                My second thought was CARL ZEIß, but this unit is too big to fit Dani's describtion.

I'm curious, what kind of rarity will shown up.
                                BR, Chris

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 2 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 11:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                                X