Kreigsmarine Olympic rings pin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kreigsmarine Olympic rings pin

Hello I am new to collecting and was wondering if this pin looks correct to you.
    Attached Files

It depends on what you mean by "correct". It’s a nice commercial pin for the 1936 Olympics. The fact that the officers of that class had adopted it as a symbol does not automatically make it a traditionabzeichen.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipperary View Post
      It depends on what you mean by "correct". It’s a nice commercial pin for the 1936 Olympics. The fact that the officers of that class had adopted it as a symbol does not automatically make it a traditionabzeichen.
      So you are saying it is from the time period, that is good to know thanks. But you are not sure if it belonged to an officer or not? I'm assuming there is no way to tell then.

Comment

Sorry for the rush, maybe I expressed myself badly.
        The famous Crew 36 took the Olympic rings as their symbol. But this pin wasn't born for the crew, it was born for the civilian market. There are various and in different variations. So if you want to buy it, pay it for what it is, not for an u-boot crew badge.
        I don't know if there is any evidence of the use of this specific pin (photo, example with solid provenance etc.). It only appeared in some publications.
        For example, some soldiers based in France put a civilian pin of Brittany on their bordmutze and there are some photos that prove this fact. That doesn't make every Brittany pin on the market an u-boot crew badge.
        This concept only makes sellers happy.
        I hope i was clear.
        Last edited by Tipperary; 10-27-2020, 01:22 AM.

Comment

In conclusion... this is not a KM pin, this is an Olympic pin.
          Too many words to say that?

Comment

Originally posted by Tipperary View Post
            In conclusion... this is not a KM pin, this is an Olympic pin.
            Too many words to say that?
            Hah thanks I just don't know what to look for yet that's all.

Comment

No problem indeed. I hope in my small way to have been useful. it's just a tip to save money. Some vendors sell it as a certain piece and the price obviously doesn't match.
              You will find some really useful discussions on this forum.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 11:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
              X