Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My new Luftwaffe M35 tropical camo

Hello all,

Iam happy to show you my newest purchase. I got this helmet on a little fleamarket today. It is a very nice M35 Luftwaffe Tropical camo. The helmet is spray painted and it looks like the decals were scratched out at one time before the helmet was painted. The maker is ET 64. The intresting thing is that the inner rim was also camo painted. The Liner is very dry and shows much damage. There is no real story about the helmet, except a little info the seller was talking to me. He said the helmet was owned by his father how served in Italy. He found the helmet after many years somewere in his fathers garage.
    Please believe me, it is very hard to find real Camo helmets in Germany, especially tropical ones.

Please have a look and tell me what do you think.

Thanks Guys and best wishes Jens
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Hi Jens,

Cool find ,typical color ,like it a lot

Comment

Hi Jens,

I agree with Francis here, nice find indeed...Rather scarce to find such a nice lid on today's european fleamarkets.

Well done!

Cheers

Jan
                'Arzt und Soldat'

Comment

Francis and Jan,

many thanks for your fast and warm replys, its much appricated.

Indeed, it is very hard to find them on european fleamarkets, the more happyer Iam with it. To bad we have so little vet bring backs here in europe.

Many thanks Guys and best wishes Jens

Comment

Jens, that is a fantastic helmet I am very jealous ,a real beauty .Rob.
                    God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

A great find

Comment

Rob and Tony, also many thanks for your positive comments.

No need to be jealous, there are more out there how wants to be discovered .

What is your experience in tropical camos, is it common that the inner rim is also camoed ?

Best wishes Jens

Comment

Originally posted by zbv500
                          Rob and Tony, also many thanks for your positive comments.

No need to be jealous, there are more out there how wants to be discovered .

What is your experience in tropical camos, is it common that the inner rim is also camoed ?

Best wishes Jens

No it wasn't common but was certainly done, I've seen tropicals done this way more than any other style. This was done because the inside neck flange on a German helmet stands out.

Comment

Many thanks for the information Mr. Floyd it is very welcome.

Thanks Jens

Comment

Very nice helmet ! - Do you see the trace of decals under the paint?
                              "When you're going through hell...keep going." -- W. Churchill

Looking for : WWII American Cigarettes issued to the German Army, Preferably a Philip Morris brand.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 11:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                              X