A Mouse Grey Helmet Cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Mouse Grey Helmet Cover

This is one of the most unique items I've come across in a while. I've owned three splinter pattern helmet covers and studied thier construction and design but recently, I came across this; a Mouse Grey cover.

This cover is manufactured identical to the Splinter pattern cover, however it is made from the same material used in the Mouse Grey anorak. It is one piece of material, white on the inside and the mouse grey on the other, in five sections. It has a RBNr stamp that is partially faded and a draw string made from the same material.

This cover sat "crumpled up" for a while and hasn't yet taken to the helmet it is on. By examining the "rust stain", I believe it originally was on a Model M42 helmet.

I'm looking for ANY period photos or other Mouse Grey covers out there. Thanks.
    Attached Files
    Always on the lookout for quality WWII U.S. Paratrooper items! [email protected]

Other side
    Attached Files
    Always on the lookout for quality WWII U.S. Paratrooper items! [email protected]

Comment

White side
      Attached Files

Comment

Other white side w/ RBNr
        Attached Files

Comment

RBNr Close up
          Attached Files

Comment

Last photo... The draw string opening.
            Attached Files

Comment

I can't help with any period photographs but that is one superb cover . Tim.

Comment

Last edited by Ken B.; 05-27-2006, 09:22 PM.

Comment

This is interesting. Several of you are aware of this from another posting, but check out this link and read down the post:

http://daggers.infopop.cc/eve/ubb.x/...4580069543/p/1

The SS soldier relayed to the forum member that he was never issued a camouflage helmet cover, but rather, was issued a field-grey (mouse grey) helmet cover that tied on.

Thanks for thos persons responding. I'm still hoping that someone can find an original photo or two of this in use.

Comment

Very cool tom!
                    www.collectortocollectormilitaria.com

sigpic

Comment

Cover Mania

The Mouse Grey, a Splinter reversed to white and a Splinter pattern.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Tom,

Looking good.

Bryan

Comment

Great set.congratulations

Comment

Tom, resurrecting this old thread to see if you ever had any luck finding a photo of one of these mouse grey covers in use?

Steve

Comment

Wonderful display Tom!
                              G.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                              X