Comment

Oh yes, they had generally the common ankle boots of provenance.PaoloM

Comment

para italien WWII

Thank you but in model of boots?

Comment

The matter of Italian ankle boots has been exaustively dealt here:
          http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=italian+boots
          Well, they could be Mod.29, and Mod.32 ankle boots (these last generally
          marked inside from 1937 to 1940).PaoloM

Comment

combinazione tre quarti

hello folgore -I just want to say how much iI like your smock-
            do you know of one for sale?

Comment

Hi mousekilla - glad you enjoyed it. Alas, the smock is about one of the toughest items to come by along with the samurai and jump boots as Paolo can vouch for and I am by no means an expert enough or advanced enough collector to have any for sale. Maybe there are other collectors in the forum who might know of some. However, be careful and make sure you study the smock in detail before looking into buying one.

Saluti
              James

Comment

Dear Folgore, I quote what you say!!PaoloM

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Just as a quick note, in North Africa, the troops also used the regular gym shoes which most people mistake in photos as "german" tropical ankle boots.

Comment

I was aware of this, but I've no photographic evidence. I've photos with
                      shorts and leather sandals. One Folgore veteran, said to me he has always
                      used 'rest' shoes, probably very similar to the gym ones you're showing right now!PaoloM

Comment

As soon as I have a chance I will post a photo for you Paolo. If I remember correctly, in one of the books I have I believe Bignami is pictured in North Africa with several other Folgore officers (two of which in grey green wool uniforms) and he is wearing the canvas gym shoes.

Comment

Paolo

As promised I found the scanned photo I spoke of. Cannot remember which book it came out of though. The photo is of the Stato Maggiore della Folgore with Vice Comandante Generale Riccardo Bignami in the center with the Capo di SM Maggiore Giovanni Verandi. It is a very interesting photo for a couple of reasons. General Bignami along with two others wear the canvas gym shoes while Maggiore Verandi and one other officer are wearing the grey green wool uniform. It is a shame that the gym shoes are almost always incorrectly identified in books as Italians wearing DAK shoes. The Italian gym shoes were very well made and you would know this by just looking at the soles which are particular in themselves. The Folgore made much use of them during training and it is no surprise that they were found much more comfortable and useful in the desert than the jump boots.
                          Hope this is of interest to everyone.

Comment

Interesting.I know the photo.IMO the two officers are wearing rest shoes
                            not gymn shoes in fact these were lower than the rest shoes. As soon as I can find the photos we'll talk again about the differences.PaoloM

Comment

Folgore,
                              Beautiful model with uniform of a paratrooper! I wish I had it for my book. Very beautiful. Thanks for sharing with us!
                              Best, Ardire

Comment

Below, gymn shoes, the lower ones. The higher ones are 'rest' shoes.For what the photographic evidence gives,Italian paratroops used jump boots in combat but
                                it is not excluded that they may have used also 'gymn' and 'rest' shoes.PaoloM
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 1 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                                X