Rare Legion Azul document

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rare Legion Azul document

Hi friends although it is not a reason for collection for me here is a document that I consider not very common.
    Is from the Legion Azul It is the story of a volunteer with his Spanish and German decorations
    It is signed by the coronel Antonio Garcia Navarro
    I look forward to your opinions
    Eduard CEC1EF9A-67BD-4055-9D79-73B9058AB358.jpeg 5805E782-2D3C-432D-A6CF-D460B4ED7AB0.jpeg

7762AD4E-6CF0-4564-875C-C9298511FD55.jpeg 245A8A08-E57F-4191-A320-BDA7071EC10A.jpeg

Comment

Very nice document! not an usual one! reading it seems to deal with the repatriation of a Corporal called Joaquin Soba Tinilla in 30 March 1944, this corporal was transfered from the spanish volunteer division in 13 November 1943 to the Legion Azul, also details the awards he was proposed for: EK2 and the Close Combat Clasp, having already 3 Spanish Crosses for military merit in red and the Ostmedaille. Also the document has a Spanish stamp for the delivery to him of the Spanish Russian Campaign medal. On the back are some notes of the different revisited dates from 1947 to 1963 in his new destiny in Spain,with the same stamp from what seems to be the 18 Ultonia infantry regiment (I can't tell exactly from the scan) Nice score! Congrats

Nacho

Comment

Thanks Nacho !!! Could you help me know its value?

Comment

Not being familiar with Spanish documents the Kdr. Spanische Division stamp is nice.

Comment

Bon día Eduard,

Perhaps the name is not Tibilla but Tubilla. Document looks good, even when not an expert in docs. I didn't know awards had to be "revised" regularly, from 1947 to 1954. I have found info about a Joaquin Soba Tubilla, that lived in Barcelona till about 2000, when he possibly died.

Carles

Comment

Originally posted by me6_130 View Post
              Bon día Eduard,

Perhaps the name is not Tibilla but Tubilla. Document looks good, even when not an expert in docs. I didn't know awards had to be "revised" regularly, from 1947 to 1954. I have found info about a Joaquin Soba Tubilla, that lived in Barcelona till about 2000, when he possibly died.

Carles
              Nice info Carles! May I made a mistake with the volunteer's name, the scan is not that big and I'm getting old...Absolutely no idea about its value but I guess that is not common to see legit documents from this short lived Legion Azul

Nacho

Comment

Hello Nacho,

I had to magnify the pic a bit. I am also getting old and sight is not as good

Carles

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                X