No announcement yet.

Breda 30 update !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

here are 2 pictures how it looked in the start with some parts crafted by myself... Sdc10777.jpg Sdc10781.jpg

Comment

My compliments ...thats brillant restoration work , love it ...hows it lookin now ?
      sigpicBetter a Lion for a Day..than a Sheep for a Hundred Years!

Comment

will take some pictures tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by tankredi View Post
          will take some pictures tomorrow
          Look forward to it ...

Comment

Here are some pictures.
            Yes, I do have the strap.
            And I also have the ammo back pack + the oil bottle. SDC12168 (1280x947).jpg SDC12167 (1280x941).jpg SDC12169 (1280x947).jpg SDC12170 (1280x941).jpg SDC12166 (1280x833).jpg SDC12171 (1280x926).jpg SDC12165 (1280x948).jpg

Comment

Fantastic restoration job Tankredi !!..it really is first class now
              could i see the oil bottle please ?...Semovente

Comment

Here is my Breda 30. Actually Regia Marina issued . I have the carrying valise and spare stripper clip pouch. Slightly different to the magazine .
                Attached Files

Comment

Thanks larrusso for showing us your Breda , is it stamped R.M. on the body ? , also i like the carring valise , very nice
                  i see its interesting that the magazine pouch fasterns from the top on your one !...Semovente

Comment

I don't think that the pouch is for the Breda.
                    I rather believe it is for the 7.9mm fucile mitragliatore mod.37 which was actually a ex Yugoslavian light mg. mod.37.jpg

Comment

It is engraved Regia Marina. But I don’t have it in my possession just now but I’ll try to get a photo.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by tankredi View Post
                        I don't think that the pouch is for the Breda.
                        I rather believe it is for the 7.9mm fucile mitragliatore mod.37 which was actually a ex Yugoslavian light mg. mod.37.jpg
                        I’ve seen this pouch used in other photographs mainly used by Bersaglieri motorcyclists.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hm... interesting.
                          However, I am pretty sure the Breda charger won't fit in that pouch.
                          The stripper clips might fit but was this pouch indeed built for the Breda stripper clips?
                          I have some doubts. The Breda stripper clips are rectangular, whilst the pouch is of a conical shape?
                          IMO it makes no sense to build a conical pouch for a rectangular stripper clip.

My opinion is that the pouch is for the charger of the ex-Yugo mod.37 LMG.
                          On some rare occasions it might have been used for other clips or chargers.

Any idea where the picture was taken? Balkans?

Comment

I think the ex Yugoslav lmg M37 is a forunner of the Bren gun ?...also i found these Oil cans advertized as Breda 30 lmg oilcans on the internet !?
                            s-l1600 (51).jpg

Comment

Nice cutaway diagram of Bredas internal working parts ! s-l1600 (52).jpg

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                              X